My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I'll have a look if I make it, although it was kind of planned to fit it in with the Op Downfall build.  Probably won't get time to do it anway.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Tell you what.  You can have mine if you want if before Telford and just get me a replacement there.  I want to do some cutting to turn it into a PR bird (I have the requisite resin nose and a mould!) if and when I do it.  And that's unlikely to be for a while.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

im expecting a large number of surprise stash additions tonight.
my uncle is quiting the modelmaking hobby due to lack of time, and all his impulse purchased models will be handed over to me tonight.

i wonder what im gonna find in that stash  :huh:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 23, 2010, 08:09:58 AM
Tell you what.  You can have mine if you want if before Telford and just get me a replacement there.  I want to do some cutting to turn it into a PR bird (I have the requisite resin nose and a mould!) if and when I do it.  And that's unlikely to be for a while.

Thanks Lee!  Hang on to it for now as I don't think I'm going to have time to get much modelling done between now & Yelford & to be honest I need to crack on with my Pegasus kit.  If I crack on & have some spare time, I'll tap you up.  Cheers!
:cheers:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Spey_Phantom

the surprise stash editions are in, my aunt found these in the basement while cleaning out her apartement.
6 boxes in total, of witch 4 are complete and buildable  ;D theyve got to be 30 years old or older, 3 matchbox and 1 airfix kit.

i was kinda dissapointed to find the matchbox B-25 box to be nothing but empty spreus, and an incomplete S2 Buccaneer in an airfix 1/72 Draken box  :huh:

however, the 4 that are complete are great, some of them quite rare  ;D
a list:

Airfix 1/72 TBM3 Avenger
Matchbox 1/72 Wellesley Mk.I
Matchbox 1/72 Fairey Swordfish
Matchbox 1/72 Dornier Do-28 Skyservant.

also included are Various decal sheets and 7 old 80's or 90's Humbrol paint tins

all in all, im quite happy with these additions  :lol:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

The Avenger hasn't been out for a while AFAIK & the Wellesley is reasonably sought after, peeps have been campaigning from Revell to re-release it like they did the Heyford.

Aircav

I remember building the old Airfix Helldiver when I was a kid, thought it looked great, would if the kit is as good as I remember it.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Mossie on August 23, 2010, 10:21:28 AM
If I crack on & have some spare time, I'll tap you up. 

Ye'll have to fight you way through Wor Lass first!  As for the F-80, it's safe in me Mam's loft.

Today, wor Modelzone had a delivery of the new Airfix Spitfire Ia.  They now have four less - hahahahaha!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

Good job I wasn't eating anything, it would have ended up over the screen!  Guess I'd have to invest in a pair of boots first! :drink: :drink: :drink:

NARSES2

Quote from: Nils on August 23, 2010, 11:13:36 AM
Airfix 1/72 TBM3 Avenger
Matchbox 1/72 Wellesley Mk.I
Matchbox 1/72 Fairey Swordfish
Matchbox 1/72 Dornier Do-28 Skyservant.

I don't remember the Avenger although I must have built one as it was a 1965 first issue and I would have been 13  :banghead: The Wellesley is a nice kit and like many I'd love to see it re-issued by Revell
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TsrJoe

from my lhs. 'Jamiesons Models' at lunchtime ...

Academy 1/72 scale F.18C Hornet x2 (blame 'maverick', lol, one of these i intend to put on skis!)
Revell 1/72 scale Eurofighter Typhoon F.2, i need the Taurus asm.'s for a current project!
Revell ex. Heller 1/72 scale NA. Harvard
AZ. Models 1/72 scale Hughes 500E twin kit

:blink:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

The Wooksta!

Another Airfix new Spitfire Ia.  The one with the short shot bulkhead will be used as a spares tree.  Or I'll cut the spine down.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

New Airfix Spit 1a.  Lovely - makes all other 1/72 early Merlin spit kits redundant IMHO (the Airfix Mk I it's replaced has now slipped to number 2 in my estimation - after 30-odd years, mind!).
Also as freebie loft clearance material, a Novo Firefly I (far better than I thought it would be) and a Heller Spit I.  Putting that next to the new Airfix Spit I is - ahem - 'instructive' to say the least.  But it was free, I need the nose for a little something, and I'm sure the rest will be used at some point in Whifworld.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 23, 2010, 05:59:44 AM
The Heller T33 is nice IF you can find it.

I've had one in the stash that will be  aCT-133 when I get round to it.  And it is a very nice kit indeed.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 23, 2010, 05:59:44 AM
The old Airfix F80C isn't a bad kit though.

That's one that has passed me by - which I regret......

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 23, 2010, 07:21:38 AM
Wait till Telford, you should be able to pick up an Airfix one fairly cheap.  It was reissued fairly recently so there should be some about.

.......when was it re-released?  I've a vague recolection of it coming out about 10 or possibly even more years ago, but that's all.

;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Late 90s as I think it was in the blue boxes.  A friend of mine reviewed it for one of Neil Robinson's mags.

Another pair of the new Airfix Spitfires have been nabbed.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: