My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 19, 2010, 07:15:21 AM
Airfix 1/48 Hurricane I for my BoB tribute build.

Good choice  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Thorvic on August 21, 2010, 03:38:42 PM
Quote from: Falcon on August 21, 2010, 08:45:06 AM

Revell 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet

Hmmn and i wonder what that  will be finished as  ?  :thumbsup:

Very probably the same as mine  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 27, 2010, 08:26:17 AM

Ian

Yup thanks for the recomendation Ian. I've found myself buying a few 1/72 and shock horrow 1/48 kits which are intended for real world BoB builds recently. Made me realise we could do with a modern mainstream  Do 17 (the RS kit is nice but fiddly) and Do 215 & 217 in 1/72. Revell ??? Please
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I only got 7 Spit Is and 3 of them weren't for me either!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2010, 08:33:16 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 27, 2010, 08:26:17 AM

Ian

Yup thanks for the recomendation Ian. I've found myself buying a few 1/72 and shock horrow 1/48 kits which are intended for real world BoB builds recently. Made me realise we could do with a modern mainstream  Do 17 (the RS kit is nice but fiddly) and Do 215 & 217 in 1/72. Revell ??? Please

Not sure how good they are but ICM do a couple of Do215's.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

GTX

Latest:

• Italeri 1:48 Lockheed TR-1A/B USAF
  • Monogram 1:48 F-8 Crusader US Navy Vietnam War
  • Tamiya 1:48 Douglas F4D-1 Skyray US Navy   
  • Monogram 1:48 Convair B-58 Hustler
  • Eduard 1:48 Messerschmitt Bf.110C
  • Airfix 1:48 BAC TSR.2

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 26, 2010, 03:55:47 PM
Probably easier to backdate an Xtrakit Mk XII (that looks like a heavily modded airframe), with a new/old rudder (take the rounded one off the Airfix F.IX and swap it with the F.XII pointy rudder.  You'll have to find wingtips but that should be easy!)  Either that or find the old Aeroclub Spitfire F.XII fuselage conversion.

I'd thought about a Mk.XII but wasn't sure where to get one, thanks Lee.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on August 27, 2010, 12:21:19 PM
I'd thought about a Mk.XII but wasn't sure where to get one, thanks Lee.

Here you go Simon, it's a nice kit, I've got one in the stash:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72006

I've got one of these too:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BRIG7203

Not to mention the rather awful Merlin offering I have of the Mk.XII
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

The Brigade one is a bit of a pig to build, according to some accounts.  The Revell Vb has spare wingtips.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Forgot to add, Aeroclub do a four blade Griffon Spitfire prop.  You would need to go onto Britmodeller and contact John Adams (user ID John Aero) directly, as the only way to get in touch with him at the moment is through that forum, with his website down and a total re-organization of the company since Peter Wright's death.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2010, 08:06:30 AM
Well my local MZ still havn't got any in (not sure who does the ordering/or how the orders are delivered as they are always late) but the Airfix franchise in Alders hasn't had them yet either. Now either Lee has bought them all or they havn't been delivered down south yet and the bl**dy BoB was fought down here  :banghead: :banghead:

This new Airfix Spit Mk I thing is getting silly, even Hannants havn't got it in stock  :banghead: bit of a conspiracy against us Southerners me thinks. Never mind when I lead the revolution and build a wall from The Wash to the Bristol Channel all will be avenged  :wacko:

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 27, 2010, 01:37:59 PM
Here you go Simon, it's a nice kit, I've got one in the stash:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72006

Indeed it is,goes together very well.

Quote from: Green Dragon on August 27, 2010, 11:15:35 AM

Not sure how good they are but ICM do a couple of Do215's.

Paul Harrison
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I forgot those, have to have a look

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

2 new one's  ;D

-Revell 1/72 Spitfire Mk.V (for Tintin build #4, a Khemedi Spitfire)
-Airfix 1/72 P-40E Kittyhawk (for the Pirate GB, arrgg...)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

chrisonord

Went into my LMS yesterday afternoon on my way over to my Mum's to get some cockpit green, and grabbed myself a 1/100th scale Tamiya IL-28 for £2.50.It will be converted into a tandem seat, or single seat, depending on what spare canopies I have, and be re scaled into 1/72nd scale.
The tail gun will be removed and tidied up, and it will be either an operational trainer of sorts, with some bombs/rocket pods, or just be a lightweight ground pounder for the cartel.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Steel Penguin

tamiya 1:35 Matilda mk3 or 4,  part of my drive to do every type of tank the Uk has used.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on August 28, 2010, 07:34:58 AM
Went into my LMS yesterday afternoon on my way over to my Mum's to get some cockpit green,

You mum makes/sells paint ??  ;D

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 28, 2010, 10:30:23 AM
tamiya 1:35 Matilda mk3 or 4,  part of my drive to do every type of tank the Uk has used.

I applaud you sir, going to get a little difficult with some of the inter war stuff. Be interesting to see what you come up with  :thumbsup: