My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Popped into Hannants for some Xtracrylic paints for a Spitfire BofB scheme and a tin of RAF Roundel Blue for another idea of mine.
Shocked me to see how little stock they have now compared with 4 years ago.

Went to the Battle of Britain Hall at the RAF Museum first and it looks great now with the glass wall behind the Sunderland and Walrus.

The new Beaufort Park housing estate behind the museum (on the old airfield) is interesting for the names of all the buildings. One of the large blocks is built in a variety of styles and each section is a 'house' with its own name with an aviation or military link. So in the A-block you have Amelia House, Arado House, Avro House, Arctic House, Amiot House and in the B-block there is Battalion House, Brigadier House, Bantam House etc.
The Beaufort pub is run by Youngs brewery (good stuff) and the pub sign looks like a propellor from a distance, close-up it's a plate with knife, fork and spoon spaced out!

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2010, 02:23:00 PM
Popped into Hannants for some Xtracrylic paints for a Spitfire BofB scheme and a tin of RAF Roundel Blue for another idea of mine.
Shocked me to see how little stock they have now compared with 4 years ago.

Is that the first time you have been to the shop since it moved?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Ha!!! Lucky this am as SWMBO'd was out with jnr at Legoland when postie turned up with a Hasegawa 1/72 Mig 25....he seemed dissapointed that it was me instead of her........ ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

From Chrisonord's sale, an Airfix Wellington and an RAF refuelling set.

Cheers Chris!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2010, 02:23:00 PM
The Beaufort pub is run by Youngs brewery (good stuff) and the pub sign looks like a propellor from a distance, close-up it's a plate with knife, fork and spoon spaced out!

Bit yuppiefied but a nice pub with good food  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Lots of new mold Spit Is in Coventry Aircraft Museum ;D

And, I also got from there last night:

All 1/72nd...

Airfix Pe-2....to be Irish
HobbyBoss Fw-190A.....possibly Irish, or Luftwaffe Desert
HobbyBoss Fw-190D.....either Luftwaffe desert scheme or Japanese.
:party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

i just got back from the Hobbytime model show in Brugges, and brought back:

-Airfix 1/72 Mosquito FB.VI (destined for Khemed)
-Matchbox AW/Gloster Meteor NF.11/12/14 (RW Belgian NF.11 decals included, gonna build it as such)
-Ancient Revell 1/72 F-102 Delta Dagger (no decals, gonna whiff it, thinking RAF  ;D)

and as a bonus, a bee sting in my neck on the way home  :angry:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Steel Penguin

2 copys of warhammer isle of blood, swapped one set of rat men for more high elves :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Aircav

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 04, 2010, 04:11:33 AM
lots of spare IDF. missiles to gather dust, any takers?

I'll have them Joe if they haven't gone already.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

From a local toy store:

GW Chaos Knights

They have a 30% off sale on all Revell stuff. Didn't think I would ever buy a Mi-26 Halo, but for only 22 EUR, I might just reconsider.

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 04, 2010, 05:19:54 AM
2 copys of warhammer isle of blood, swapped one set of rat men for more high elves :thumbsup:

Still debating with myself whether to get one or not. So many nice figures! Would get them only to paint them, though.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Steel Penguin

my elves will be for the Imrryrain army im planning, my wife got the ratmen for monsters in d and d and the elves for her army.  i played 6th ed got 7th and never played. perhaps with 8th.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Army of One

SWMBO'd not happy yesterday am......postman delivered my Academy 1/72 Mig 23......what she gonna say if I get a Trumpeter Mi 24 Hind in 1/35....???;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Is that from their "Grounds for Divorce" range?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic