Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

More ebay kits today.
1/72nd Hasegawa Mil Mi24 Hind A
1/72nd Italeri YF-12A
1/144th Revell A319 (BA/Germanwings)

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Wooksta!

Having stated categorically that I wouldn't get one, I've given in.  I now have a Dragon Meteor F.III. However, I did not pay  the extortionate £27 but a far more reasonable £19, which is what the MPM kit costs.

The only snag with the Dragon kit is that I suspect that the engine nacelles are over size but one Meteor flew with De Havilland engines which had a larger diameter than the Wellands, so I'll either do it as a prototype or a speculative version powered by De Havilland engines.

Glad I didn't het teh MPM kit.  By comparison, the engines are way underscale and smaller than the Airfix ones!

I also took delivery of a new batch of resin.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ChernayaAkula

Another BIG haul...:rolleyes:...
From Lucky Model:
2 sets of Skunkmodels 1/72 US/NATO weapons - good stuff!

From one LHS:
Hobby Boss 1/72 Bf 109E-4 Trop - This might have been a mistake. Was looking for a 109E with a hole in the spinner but didn't realize Hobby Boss has the spinner on a wee tiny sprue that's not included with all of their 109E boxings. How's the Airfix 109E?

From the other LHS (the one that aims to reduce their plastic modelling inventory):
a 1/144 Dragon set with a Challenger II and a Warrior - for only 2 EUR, how could I resist?
a 1/72 Italeri Merlin HMA.1
a 1/72 Italeri H-21C Gunship
a 1/48 Tamiya Sturmgeschütz III
a 1/35 Tristar Panzer 38(t) with full-interior
a 1/700 Trumpeter Admiral Hipper - thinking this wasn't scrapped in 1946, but sold to some other country, where it got a re-fit and served well into the 1980s....

Seems that the LHS' stash reduction sale resulted in a massive growth of my stash.  :banghead:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Three more from the bay of e today.
Academy Typhoon
Italeri BAe Hawk 100
Revell Republic Venator Class Star Destroyer

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aircav

A 1/48 Airfix TSR.2 from the LMS.  ;D
Just wondering if I could get away with doing her Swiss ?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

They could afford it, what with all that Nazi gold they stole.  Doubt that they'd have a role for it though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

From the LHS's bits box, lots of cargoey bits for the Hardcorps Tornado. :thumbsup:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 17, 2010, 11:09:46 AM
They could afford it, what with all that Nazi gold they stole.  Doubt that they'd have a role for it though.

Since it'd be over the border before it got it's wheels up, perhaps it could fly right around the world and attack the enemy from the rear?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

More additions to the stash:

1/48 Airfix Sea Harrier
1/48 Fine Molds Mitsubishi A7m2 "Reppu" Sam
1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter Tf.Mk.X    
1/48 Monogram F-16A
1/48 AMT/ERTL S-3A Viking    
1/48 AMT/ERTL Henschel Hs129 B    
1/48 AMT/ERTL ES-3 Shadow
1/48 Italeri Mirage 111E
1/48 Italeri Skyhawk A-4 E/F/G
1/48 Italeri Stingbat LHX   
1/48 Heritage Aviation Models FMA IA58 Pucara
1/48 Heritage Aviation Models D.H.88 Comet Grosvenor House
1/48 Alley Cat GAF Jindivik Mk. 3 & 4
1/48 Fox 3 Studios TF-86 Conversion

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

thedarkmaster

from the sale at work 2 trumpetor 1/144 scale Bear bombers  ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Gondor

From eBay a 1/72 Vulcan, not decided if it will be real world or with a different store from the Secret Projects books or maybe Indian Air Force takes My fancy

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Now Indian sounds tasty, perhaps with a Pakistan AF B-47 delivered by the Yanks in an attempt to even things up  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nigel Bunker

Nice pile of spitfire bits from Freightdog:

Early Spitfire IX conversion
Big slipper tank for Spitfire XIX
Cylindrical fuel tank
Spitfire XVIII tail

Fast service from Freightdog (about 3 days) and they are lovely mouldings - not an air bubble to be seen.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy....

1/72 Airfix Navy Lynx
1/72 Airfix Beagle Basset
1/72 Monogram F7-F Tigercat
and....arrived damaged due to shipping in an envelope instead of a bos for 50% what I paid for shipping...
1/72 Matchbox Hawker 125-600...kinda pissed about this one....
>:(

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Daryl J.

Monogram F-4C
Another Monogram F-4C
and another pair of the same.

In One Forty-Eighth.
:cheers: (Red Rose Wine)
Daryl J.