My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Tamiya 1/72nd Skyray arrived from ebay today. Far prettier than my Airfix one!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Captain Canada

After a long dry spell....I bought myself a little bottle of Tesor's green ( for nav lights etc. ) and a RoG Bearcat. Never built a Bearcat, so I'm loooking forward to this one....you know, see how she handles on the flight deack, a few touch and goes, how she fares against the Spit....

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Popped into Preston Transport Models on the way home from the Lakes today and rather like the place!

Came out with an Academy 1/72 P-40E Warhawk, some Revell Glue and a book about the 1941 war over Iraq, The War that Never Was.

chrisonord

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2010, 03:29:02 PM
Popped into Preston Transport Models on the way home from the Lakes today and rather like the place!

Came out with an Academy 1/72 P-40E Warhawk, some Revell Glue and a book about the 1941 war over Iraq, The War that Never Was.
Thats my local model shop Nick, pitty we could not have met up for a brew somewhere whilst you were in the area.
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

AeroplaneDriver

I dont normally post eBay purchases until they arrive, but every now and then you get that gem of a buy....

Listed as "MODEL LOT SALE AIRFIX,ACADEMY JETS & AIRFIX HOVERCRAFT"....so for $15.49 I got:

Academy 1/48 Hunter F.6
Airfix 1/48 Lightning F.6
Airfix 1/144 SRN4 Hovercraft

I'm a happy camper!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on September 20, 2010, 06:11:18 PM
I dont normally post eBay purchases until they arrive, but every now and then you get that gem of a buy....

Listed as "MODEL LOT SALE AIRFIX,ACADEMY JETS & AIRFIX HOVERCRAFT"....so for $15.49 I got:

Academy 1/48 Hunter F.6
Airfix 1/48 Lightning F.6
Airfix 1/144 SRN4 Hovercraft

I'm a happy camper!

So you should be - you'd be lucky to get the hovercraft on it's own for that price over here!  :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Hannants delivery - ordered Saturday delivered this morning  ;D ;D

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk I ...another one

Sword 1/72 Re 2001 Falco II. I got the day fighter version but it comes with the parts for the CN version and the anti-ship bomb as well  ;D

Various Microscale & Xtradecal transfers sheets,various size stripes. My stalled French GB build can now be finished. :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

went to hobby craft,  6 pots of tamiya paint....  i was well tempted by the chally1s and the cheiftains but im running short of space, and want to order 28mm wargames stuff so itll wait
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

About to vist Modelzone.  Need a pair of Hurricanes - Revell IIc for a BoB aircraft and the Airfix mkI to do  as a speculative PR aircraft.

Also after some of that new Valejo filler.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

Revell 1/144th BAe 146/Avro RJ85 Eurowings/FlyBe gift set came from ebay today (£7.50 inc. P+P!  :thumbsup: ).
May be V/STOLed.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ChernayaAkula

From the LHS:
Airfix 1/72 Bf 109E-4 - of which I only need the engine and radiators. To be stuck on another Airfix bird.

From a local toy shop with a Revell sale (30% off):
1/144 Rafale M - yes, another one! :rolleyes: My sixth!
1/144 F-19 Stealth Fighter - devil made me do it.  :wacko: May end up as "Duke" Ellington's aircraft from "Red Storm Rising". Would need stretching, though, as the aircraft from the book is a two-seater.
1/72 Do-228 - may end up as a real-life Finnish Frontier Guard aircraft. They sport such nice schemes!
1/36 Power Boat - will end up in a 1/35 drug-running dio.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 21, 2010, 09:01:48 AM
Also after some of that new Valejo filler.

It's nice for narrow gaps Lee. If you get some Mr Color Thinner you can use that on a cotton bud to clean off any excess
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Bumper Crop from the eBay fairy today:

1/24 Monogram TR-7 (my very first car...gotta eventually build it as my baby)
1/72 Airfix Red Arrows Gnat T.1
1/72 Pioneer Spitfire VC
1.72 Pioneer Polikarpov R-5
1/72 Academy P-39 Airacobra
1/72 Academy F-51D Mustang
1/72 Hase P-40N "White Tail"
1/32 Williams Bros. Schoenfeldt Firecracker
1/135 Lindberg F-111
1/72 Airfix Bucc. S2B
1/72 Matchbox Canberra PR.9
1/48 Tamiya F-117

All in all a good day...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on September 21, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
1/72 Pioneer Spitfire VC
All in all a good day...

You were robbed on that one.  I bought the floatplane one - for the floats - and slung the rest.  It's a copy of the old Frog Va.  A horribly basic kit that's inferior to kits 40 years old!

Only got the Hurricane I - Modelzone didn't have a Revell IIc but some digging in the stash unearthed one.  Saves me a fiver!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

sideshowbob9

Valom XF8B-1 (started it last night and it's a pig compared with the XP-75A!)
MPM Fw-190V-1 (engine and ducted spinner are going on a Su-6)
Aoshima C6N1
Esci Mirage F.1
Novo/Frog? P-40B
Heller DH.89