My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Todays purchase was plastic...
a plastic bottle of Fairy Power Spray.

I've heard numerous stories of how great it is for getting paint off models and sometime soon I will try it and post pics of how it good it is.

Green Dragon

Watch out Nick, every time I buy some of that Power Spray for stripping a model it gets nicked to clean something in the kitchen!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

Got a Shakleton in 1/144 scale today, Welsh models one, thinking another portudese aircraft here  ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

ChernayaAkula

Trumpeter 1/35 T-62 Model 1962 - not sure what to do with it yet, but I had to have one! :lol:

EDIT: Got an idea. Think I'll find me some suitably-scaled Czarist Russia cavalry officer (preferably in some gaudy uniform) and stick him in the commander's cupola, sabre-wielding and all.  ;D Then attach a nice big banner to the turret. Just don't know how to paint the tank....

Might even try this on one of the 1/72 Type 59s I bought a couple of days ago. But with some winged hussar in the turret. And with the typical hussar wings attached to the turret.  :wacko: Think Zvezda have some nice Polish hussars that would be just the ticket.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Shouldn't be spending money on kits at the moment, but popped into Hobbycraft today and couldn't say no to these at the price:

2 x Revell 1/72nd EE Lightning F.6s for £3.99 each
1 x Revell 1/76th Sherman Firefly for £3.91

:blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Ordered from LMS - 2 x Airfix Spitfire PR.XIXs
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

From the BIG H - ordered 11:00am on Thursday 18/11 delivered 11:00am Friday 19/11  ;D

Admiral 1/72

Spitfire Mk 22
Spitfire Mk 24
Seafire Mk 46

The 46 will be a Scapa Flow protection flight machine, the others will be NWE & SEAC not certain who will get which one yet.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 19, 2010, 11:18:56 AM
EDIT: Got an idea. Think I'll find me some suitably-scaled Czarist Russia cavalry officer (preferably in some gaudy uniform) and stick him in the commander's cupola, sabre-wielding and all.  ;D Then attach a nice big banner to the turret. Just don't know how to paint the tank....

Might even try this on one of the 1/72 Type 59s I bought a couple of days ago. But with some winged hussar in the turret. And with the typical hussar wings attached to the turret.  :wacko: Think Zvezda have some nice Polish hussars that would be just the ticket.

Couple of years ago me and Rad did a "Tank Tounament Doulble". I did a JS-3 complete with a Sassanid Persian Cavalry officer in the cupola and a Sassanid banner from the airial pole, Rad did a Pershing.

Winged Hussar  :wub: :thumbsup: Possibly with a "leopard skin saddlecloth" draped over the rear decking ??
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Recent purchase from ebay

Tamiya 1/72 Fw 190D9 not fully made up my mind about this one, leaning towards a JG 26 Fw 190 D12/R14 at the moment

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Aircav

Called it to Chestermoor this afternoon and got a 1/48 Revell Rafale, also they've got a new sale's technique, a new female assistant with a very low cut top, couldn't workout if they were half in or half out not that I was looking mind you......
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Spey_Phantom

bought a revell 1/72 JU87G/D Stuka at a newly found stockshop in Vladslo.
there kinda cheap with there kits, revell kits appear to be 15 to 20 percent cheaper there  ;D
payed 6.80 euro's, other shops ask arround 8 to 9 euro's.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2010, 02:24:39 AM
Couple of years ago me and Rad did a "Tank Tounament Doulble". I did a JS-3 complete with a Sassanid Persian Cavalry officer in the cupola and a Sassanid banner from the airial pole, Rad did a Pershing.

Winged Hussar  :wub: :thumbsup: Possibly with a "leopard skin saddlecloth" draped over the rear decking ??

Any pics of that?  :o Sounds pretty cool.

Leopard skin! Splendid idea!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2010, 02:24:39 AM
Admiral 1/72

Spitfire Mk 22
Spitfire Mk 24
Seafire Mk 46

The 46 will be a Scapa Flow protection flight machine, the others will be NWE & SEAC not certain who will get which one yet.

Fitwise, the wings need some work.  Tidy up the wheel well box inserts and fit into the UPPER wing. When the glue's dried, sand the lower mating surface down and keep test fitting until it closes.  The port wing needs more work than the starboard.  And remember to sand down the wing mating surfaces too.  Again, port needs more work.

I won't be buying any more of the Admiral ones unless they're cheap, not with the MPM ones due and these look to be far superior.  Certainly more parts and more options for whiffing.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

GTX

Quote from: Aircav on November 20, 2010, 06:05:40 AM
Called it to Chestermoor this afternoon and got a 1/48 Revell Rafale, also they've got a new sale's technique, a new female assistant with a very low cut top, couldn't workout if they were half in or half out not that I was looking mind you......

Evil...bet you're going back ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Green Dragon

Quote from: GTX on November 20, 2010, 10:48:01 AM
Quote from: Aircav on November 20, 2010, 06:05:40 AM

Evil...bet you're going back ;D

Regards,

Greg
We REALLY need photo's to go with this post!
Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Wooksta!

An Airfix Spitfire IXc just jumped into my hands today.  May turn it into an HFVII with the Freightdog conversion and add a pair of bombs under the wings.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: