Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy:

"Junk Lot" of:

1/72 Matchbox Halifax-complete kit, some parts painted
1/72 Revell/Italeri JU88, fuselage assembled fairly well, most parts present
1/48 Revellogram F-18C-most, maybe all parts present
1/72 Testors YF-12 box with assorted parts, good for sci-fi greeblies and other sundry projects

Non-Junk package containing:

1/72 Dragon YF-23
1/72 Dragon F4F-4 with Carrier Deck and True Details Cockpit
1/72 Dragon Firefly IVC tank (nice kit with PE!)
1/72 Hase TF-104G
1/72 Hase Shinden
1/72 Fujimi F1M2 Pete floatplane...not my cup of tea, but a BEAUTIFUL looking kit
1/72 A Model Yak 18
1/288 Eastern Express An-32 Firebomber
1/400 Heller U Boot (sic)

Nice lot for a great price!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 20, 2010, 08:49:10 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2010, 02:24:39 AM
Couple of years ago me and Rad did a "Tank Tounament Doulble". I did a JS-3 complete with a Sassanid Persian Cavalry officer in the cupola and a Sassanid banner from the airial pole, Rad did a Pershing.

Winged Hussar  :wub: :thumbsup: Possibly with a "leopard skin saddlecloth" draped over the rear decking ??

Any pics of that?  :o Sounds pretty cool.

Leopard skin! Splendid idea!  :thumbsup:

I'll have a look through some files but don't hold your breath

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 20, 2010, 10:33:46 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2010, 02:24:39 AM
Admiral 1/72

Spitfire Mk 22
Spitfire Mk 24
Seafire Mk 46

The 46 will be a Scapa Flow protection flight machine, the others will be NWE & SEAC not certain who will get which one yet.

Fitwise, the wings need some work.  Tidy up the wheel well box inserts and fit into the UPPER wing. When the glue's dried, sand the lower mating surface down and keep test fitting until it closes.  The port wing needs more work than the starboard.  And remember to sand down the wing mating surfaces too.  Again, port needs more work.

Cheers Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Today's addition:

1/48 Monogram F-19 "Stealth" Fighter....this one:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Ooooh, that's the best looking of the two F-19's kits, shame it's the harder one to find! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Having discovered to my delight that I'd won a tenner on saturday's lottery, I promptly converted it into plastic - a pair of Airfix Spitfire IXc's. 

Quite how I'll finish them, I don't know, although a Floatfire is a possibility.  They'll go into the stash for now.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Cheap and easy basis for the actual Mk IX floatplane, I'd suggest.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

thedarkmaster

Just got a couple of the New Airfix kits, namely the Comet and the Sabre, also a Revell Hawk and Lightning
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

AeroplaneDriver

OK...got home today and when I saw the boxes waiting for me it hit me that maybe I have an eBay problem  :blink:

Small Box-
1/72 Testors AH-1W Super Cobra

Bigger Box-
1/48 Monogram F-19 Stealth (as pic just above)
1/48 Testors Stingbat LHX
1/72 Revell B-2 ATB (the fictional one, not real B-2)
1/??? Monogram X-30

Biggest Box-
1/12 Esci F-104 Cockpit
1/12 Esci F-16 Cockpit
1/32 Revell P-38J
1/32 Revell Hurricane IIC
1/32 Revell F4U-1D
1/32 AMT/Matchbox SBD-5 Dauntless
1/48 Monogram B-29
1/48 ProModeller B-24D
1/48 Monogram F-15C
1/48 Monogram F-5E
1/72 Hase F-15E
1/72 Hase F-111C

BIG haul of stuff, but it was a great deal!  Probably end up selling most of the 1/32 stuff...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Radish

Just delivered a couple of bread puddings to nice people, so I treated myself to:

All Revell 1/72nd.....

Walrus
Gladiator....think Biggles for these
Do28D2...to be civilianised
Bearcat....??? as yet

1/144th "Beluga" Airbus. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on November 22, 2010, 01:45:20 PM
1/12 Esci F-104 Cockpit
1/12 Esci F-16 Cockpit

You realise that you can only justify buying those two by scratchbuilding the rest of the planes to go around them, don't you? :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: thedarkmaster on November 22, 2010, 08:55:43 AM
Just got a couple of the New Airfix kits, namely the Comet and the Sabre

got these myself last week.

i think the comet would look very nice in RAF 1930's markings with more powerful engines. but i think RR-kestrels would be overdoing it.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Army of One

Through the post via fleabay.....1/72 Ka29 Helix....in an italeri box....but I think it's zvezda....mainly due to the made in Russia atuff on sprues n zvezda flags on box.....no decals which is why it was a bargain....don't need them anyway.....!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 23, 2010, 05:14:54 AM

i think the comet would look very nice in RAF 1930's markings with more powerful engines. but i think RR-kestrels would be overdoing it.

Nope, sounds good to me Trev!  If you worried they'd be too powerful, how about robbing some Napier Rapiers from the Matchbox/Revell Fairey Seafox?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on November 23, 2010, 05:53:54 AM

Nope, sounds good to me Trev!  If you worried they'd be too powerful, how about robbing some Napier Rapiers from the Matchbox/Revell Fairey Seafox?

well mossie. i was thinking of using the inline engines from the RoG He-70 kit which i have two of but these are HUGE and i don't have any smaller ones.

however, thanks for the encouraging words. i shall have another closer look.  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

pyro-manic

I picked up a Comet the other day (as mentioned above), with the intention of making it into a high-altitude recce machine. I have been pondering what engines to upgrade it to - the Gipsy Six is fairly small, and it's most advanced versions didn't develop that much more power than those used on the real Comet. I'd thought about Kestrels, but they're much bigger and heavier. Maybe just a big supercharger and three-blade props...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<