My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Another option is a single engine, you should be able to get something realtively beefy up front.  I vaguely remember bashing some profiles together along these lines, I'll see if I can dig them out.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sideshowbob9

Got a couple of 1/32 Macchi C.205s off ebay. One will have the engine inverted to become a Potez post-war fighter, probably Indo-China. The other will get a few mods and become a Henschel Hs-123 development in the vein of the Macchi C.200-205 evolution. Also got a 1/48th Italeri Hs-123 which will become a monoplane and the C.200 of that family.

Also got a Meikraft F6U.

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on November 23, 2010, 07:10:45 AM
Another option is a single engine, you should be able to get something realtively beefy up front.  I vaguely remember bashing some profiles together along these lines, I'll see if I can dig them out.

Okay, found those DH.88 profiles I did, a bit rough & I'm pretty sure I didn't scale the eingines properly so don't take them as any indicator of how the engines would fit:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13408.msg186090/highlight,havilland.html#msg186090
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

Ha...!!! SWMBO'd is away for 5 days from tomorrow am.....just spoke to he very friendly n helpful lady at the Aviation Hobby Shop..always a pleasure to deal with n so helpful...its great...anyhoo...stash will hopefully grow before she gets back.........!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

Thanks for that, Mossie - I shall continue pondering. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

chrisonord

I took some old books in to my LMS today, I didn't want anything for them but the very kind lady said no you can't do that, so I ended up getting an Italeri C-27 as a swap.Result??
Back of the net I would say, as I was not expecting anything for them.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

GTX

Two today:

1/48 Trumpeter RA-5C Vigilante
1/48 Trumpeter Fw200C-4 Condor

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Radish

2 x Italeri 1/72nd Mirage 2000N...probably end up real French for the Stfford display 2011.
2 x Heller 1/72nd Super Etendard...at least one to be real and French.
1/48th Italeri (ex ESCI) Mirage IIIE...probably real world and French....but most likely "tweaked" a bit for my own satisfaction :wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Got an Academy 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle "Iraqi Freedom" with today's mail.  :party:
From LuckyModel's Early X-Mas Sale at 24.99 USD, it's basically a very, very nice weapons set with some really nice decals and a free Strike Eagle kit thrown in. :lol: Think I'll use the updated parts and decals to bring one of the Revell Mudhens up to specs.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

A Frog De Havilland Hornet (in a box I'd not seen before and the later dark blue plastic) arrived this morning, courtesy of PR19 Kit. 

I'm tempted to stick this one in the nostalgia box but if built would end up as either one with an Armament Practice school, Central gunnery school or CAACU.  I find these anonymous second line uses far more appealing.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

JayBee

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 24, 2010, 01:15:44 PM
the later dark blue plastic

Lee, that is one I do not know. Is it an eastern European moulding by any chance?

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

No, it's definitely a Frog one - Frog box and later artwork but one of the all in one boxes with the opening lid.  The dark blue plastic was what they used right at the end, AFAIK - I've a boxed Frog Sea Vixen in the same colour plastic and got a Shackleton in the same colour last year.

Like I say, I'm tempted to hang onto it rather than build it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Aircav

A 1/48 Tamiya Fairey Swordfish Mk1 off EB for £27.50 including the post.  ;) :thumbsup:
All I need now is a dingy and three figures.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

Quote from: chrisonord on November 23, 2010, 03:29:20 PM
Back of the net I would say, as I was not expecting anything for them.

Nice ! How is the kit ?

At my LHS I grabbed the 350 scale Trafalgar and a SHAR. Going to build the latter right now....with some Meteors.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff

As I have given up buying models I am trying to avoid LHSs etc. But wandered into one today waiting for my daughter to get ready, and "lapsed"!............... Well there was this Hase EA-6 4 holer just begging to be in Aeronaval Op Daguet colours for £12.99, and another Spit PRXIX for the Swedish plane with blacked out markings. Dam! Dam! Dam!