My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Chris.....many thanks....maybe Thu if I ain't working......def Fri n before lunch...or at least 1pm be better....AWMBO'd will be at work so me n the little fella will be on a trip to out East Croydon......wahey...!! I think someone (Lancer) is sending a kit with 'tractor parts' on it.....not sure thats gonna work though........got a motor bike n a pedal cycle...no tractor........we'll see.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

From The Coventry traders fair.

All in 1/72nd scale.
a 2nd AMT RC-135V Rivetjoint. from our own PR19kit.
Italeri C-119G Flying boxcar
Hasegawa Shinmeiwa PS-1.
Pegasus hobbies Maus heavy tank.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Didn't get to the Traders Fair at Coventry (booooo!!)....a combination of depression, aching all over, too many late nights and freezing fog/icy roads.
So I've compensated by ordering :
2 x Xtrakit Meteor Nightfighters...one to be the French option
2 x Airfix Hampdens...at least one civil, possibly Air Atlantique!!!
2 x Revell Walrus....both to be modified...one French, the other Soviet.....monoplanes!

;D And some decals too.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Howard of Effingham

also from the coventry traders fair yesterday.....

from PR19 kit a couple of vacforms; one a polish AF 'orlic' basic trainer and the other a pilatus turbo-porter

mining ops else where at the air museum bagged

matchbox F-101F voodoo [real world finish]
airfix AC-47 spooky
hobbycraft CF-100 Mk5
academy Spitfire Mk. XIV
matchbox tempest II/V
hobbyboss rafale M
RoG He-177 with fritz-x missiles and an eduard etch set
some 1/35 figures particularly a dragon german medical orderly and stretcher set
and plenty of decals from chris of kits-kits

it was a COLD day but the new argosy center at the air museum was really WARM eventually!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Spey_Phantom

a revell 1/72 P-51D Mustang was added to the stash today,

that about sums up any stash growth for this year, as im about to make serious hobbybudget cuts  :-\
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

You're not the only one.  There's a VAT rise due in the New Year and I'm getting it in the neck from Wor Lass about the growing mountain of unbuilt kits.  I'm buying a few smaller bits this year and then apart from the Valiant and the Xtrakit/MPM late mark Spits, I won't be buying anything next year.

Golden rule: unless I'm going to be building it in the near future (6 months) then it isn't being bought.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Must admit apart from embarking on a serious stash reduction excercise I'm now working on the basis that unless I intend to build it soon I won't by it...unless... :wacko: Probably doing 2 out : 1 in at the moment.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 06, 2010, 03:38:32 AM
it was a COLD day but the new argosy center at the air museum was really WARM eventually!

You're not kidding, the temp change as we came inside fogged all our glasses immediately! (Have you noticed how many Whiff SIG members wear glasses? It's a very high proportion....)

I'd check those vacforms Trevor, it was so warm in there they may have changed shape by now!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 06, 2010, 07:45:05 AM
You're not kidding, the temp change as we came inside fogged all our glasses immediately! (Have you noticed how many Whiff SIG members wear glasses? It's a very high proportion....)

It's the age demographic Kit - we are all gradually getting older, even if we don't act it. I'm really looking forward to that new pool at Telford  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 06, 2010, 06:05:36 AM
There's a VAT rise due in the New Year

SWMBO's sister when she was visiting us this year says it's going up to 20%, is that right ?

I was still in the UK when the government introduced the VAT (10% I think it was), they said it was just a temporary tax to get the country out of a hole.  Well, no country that has introduced a VAT tax has ever recinded it, just way to much easy money for the government to grab.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 06, 2010, 08:04:59 AM
SWMBO's sister when she was visiting us this year says it's going up to 20%, is that right ?

Unfortunately yes :banghead:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

It dropped to 15% last year for a short while, but all that happened was that retailers claimed it as 'theirs' (I heard of someone actually hearing their bosses say just that) & they upped their prices to reflect the difference.  I'm pretty sure the government was aware that this would happen, even though it was touted as being 'for the people'.  Can you imagine the retailers dropping their prices to allow for the increase???  No, but you can be sure they'll moan about drop in trade.

I could get started on this but it'll all get political....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

It's that corporate greed again, while the accountants rule the roost it will always be the same. It's time we slung 'em out!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: Aircav on December 04, 2010, 03:41:46 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 03, 2010, 05:58:07 PM
And on the non-modelling related hobby front....a guy at work has got me back into target shooting after a long break...I never shot a whole lot, but I do enjoy it when I get around to it, so today I stopped in the friendly local gun shop and walked out with a Walther P99QA in 9mm....I would have preferred .40cal, but it was on special and I got a great price.  Watch out paper circles!

Lucky sod.  ;D :thumbsup: :bow:

i was thinking the exact same thing
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die