My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Quote from: Army of One on December 04, 2010, 10:04:58 AM
Quote from: Aircav on December 04, 2010, 03:41:46 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 03, 2010, 05:58:07 PM
And on the non-modelling related hobby front....a guy at work has got me back into target shooting after a long break...I never shot a whole lot, but I do enjoy it when I get around to it, so today I stopped in the friendly local gun shop and walked out with a Walther P99QA in 9mm....I would have preferred .40cal, but it was on special and I got a great price.  Watch out paper circles!

Lucky sod.  ;D :thumbsup: :bow:

Oh.....most certainly ditto!!!!! Get to play with a glock 17 occaisionally.....be more permanent next year...... ;D

Am I the only one that thinks Glocks are just plain ugly??  Effective but bloody ugly!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Quote from: Army of One on December 05, 2010, 02:17:31 AM
Chris.....many thanks....maybe Thu if I ain't working......def Fri n before lunch...or at least 1pm be better....AWMBO'd will be at work so me n the little fella will be on a trip to out East Croydon......wahey...!! I think someone (Lancer) is sending a kit with 'tractor parts' on it.....not sure thats gonna work though........got a motor bike n a pedal cycle...no tractor........we'll see.....

It was 'Machine Parts' actually  ;D ;D ;D ;D
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: lancer on December 06, 2010, 03:58:36 PM
And on the non-modelling related hobby front....a guy at work has got me back into target shooting after a long break...I never shot a whole lot, but I do enjoy it when I get around to it, so today I stopped in the friendly local gun shop and walked out with a Walther P99QA in 9mm....I would have preferred .40cal, but it was on special and I got a great price.  Watch out paper circles!

Oh.....most certainly ditto!!!!! Get to play with a glock 17 occaisionally.....be more permanent next year...... ;D

Am I the only one that thinks Glocks are just plain ugly??  Effective but bloody ugly!!

VERY!  I considered a Glock, and they are cheaper than the Walther (not by much with the sale), but they are just so aesthetically unappealing.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

GTX

Just the one today:

1/48 Planet Models Focke-Wulf PTL Flitzer

I'm thinking Swiss or Argentine...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: GTX on December 06, 2010, 09:21:34 PM
Just the one today:

1/48 Planet Models Focke-Wulf PTL Flitzer

I'm thinking Swiss or Argentine...

Regards,

Greg

Either of those sounds good. Young Nick has done a nice 1/72 Swiss one  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

i just cant resist the urge to buy kits  :banghead:
i bought another revell 1/72 FW Flitzer this morning  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Aircav

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 06, 2010, 06:29:07 PM
Quote from: lancer on December 06, 2010, 03:58:36 PM

VERY!  I considered a Glock, and they are cheaper than the Walther (not by much with the sale), but they are just so aesthetically unappealing.

Would of loved a P88.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Nils on December 07, 2010, 03:55:36 AM
i just cant resist the urge to buy kits  :banghead: <...>

Me neither!  :banghead: Today's additions to the stash include one Hobby Boss MiG-17 Fresco-C and a Tamiya Fw 190 D-9, both for less than a tenner in Lucky Model Pre-Xmas Sale. Score!  :lol:
For the Fresco, I'm thinking either an abandoned/wrecked/trashed African whif or a real-life Iraqi derelict museum exhibit. The Dora, hmmm, no clue yet.

Quote from: Nils on December 07, 2010, 03:55:36 AM
i bought another revell 1/72 FW Flitzer this morning  :rolleyes:

Just how many of those have you got now? A dozen?  :lol: Not that there'd be anything wrong with that....
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 07, 2010, 05:36:39 AM
Just how many of those have you got now? A dozen?  :lol: Not that there'd be anything wrong with that....

well, its my 5th now, and 3 have already been build  :mellow:
(1 belgian, 1 2-seater nightfighter and 1 Dreizack ), the other 2 will become one OOB, and 1 im thinking would look ice in soviet markings or modified to Fw229-HG.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

chrisonord

Today arrived my Airfix Sky raider and Beagle Basset from PR19Kit  :thumbsup:
I have been wanting a Basset for a while and after opening the box I was not disappointed  :wub: The Basset will be unarmed, but will get tip tanks and a pair of 3 or 4 blade props, and be used as a VIP transport.
Also today from KitKrazy arrived 2 1/72nd scale SU-25 UB's, one a maquette kit the other a Kopro kit, but both are identical inside the boxes.
I have a think for SU-25's I have one built and 5 in the stash, along with an SU-39. My Cartel forces need these after seeing all the US armour that has joined forces with the Honduras army :wacko:
Well thats my excuse and I am sticking to it.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Army of One

A single addition today courtesy of Lancer  :thumbsup: a Su 25 frogfoot....KP I think....welcome addition to the Maltese Defence Force I think or maybe something else.....mmmmm not sure on this.....also thought about Argentinian during the second Falklands conflict......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Daryl J.

Airfix Sea Vixen  times two.    :wub: :wub: :wub:   I'll have to do something subtle with one of them.     :thumbsup:

Army of One

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 07, 2010, 05:36:39 AM
The Dora, hmmm, no clue yet.

What about in Finnish markings....light blue underside and the cool camo on top....extended fighting against the Russians....
Maybe a South American one that can be fitted into the Football War....? Some great colour schemes to be found there....
Argentinian fledgling Air Force in Gallands markings.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aircav

Quote from: Daryl J. on December 07, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
Airfix Sea Vixen  times two.    :wub: :wub: :wub:   I'll have to do something subtle with one of them.     :thumbsup:

Swap it over to a right-hand drive ?  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

kitnut617

Quote from: Aircav on December 07, 2010, 01:48:02 PM
Quote from: Daryl J. on December 07, 2010, 11:26:43 AM

Swap it over to a right-hand drive ?  ;D

LMAO    :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike