My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Also in today's mail:

BIG haul of TwoBobs decals. Fourteen sheets!  :o Most of 'em we're on sale and with an additional 30% for their Black Friday Sale, it was very hard to say no to some of them. No real plans for a lot of them, but all the nose-art, squadron insignia, stencils and so on will come in handy when whiffing.

Quote from: Army of One on December 07, 2010, 11:47:45 AM
<...>
Maybe a South American one <...>

Ohh, now that sounds interesting.  :thumbsup: With all the Mustangs and Corsairs in South America, could be nice to see a new face there.

Quote from: Aircav on December 07, 2010, 01:48:02 PM
Quote from: Daryl J. on December 07, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
Airfix Sea Vixen  times two.    :wub: :wub: :wub:   I'll have to do something subtle with one of them.     :thumbsup:

Swap it over to a right-hand drive ?  ;D

That'll be the export model, then?  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

I got a KP Yak-23. The new box is much bigger than the old Kopro box; it could have easily fit a 1/48 Yak-23. The decals are new and look much better than the originals.
I also got a "Weijun Models" (= Bronco) 1/35 scale L4H Grasshopper Piper Cub. This is exactly the same kit as the Bronco version, minus the resin figure and $14 cheaper....

Daryl J.

QuoteSwap it over to a right-hand drive ? 

I'd thought of it!    :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:     It would be tricky to actually pull off and if done well, only a few would even notice.   

GTX

Quote from: Daryl J. on December 07, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
Airfix Sea Vixen  times two.    :wub: :wub: :wub:   I'll have to do something subtle with one of them.     :thumbsup:

Here, let me take one of those off you...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Army of One on December 04, 2010, 08:20:07 AMWhat is the Su25 like..? I was thinking of asking for one for Xmas from SWMBO'd.......

It's OK, not the greatest reference book ever written, put it this way, I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Friendly consumer advice: For those looking for a reference book on the Su-25 Frogfoot, Amazon.co.uk has the Aerofax book by Yefim Gordon on sale for 6 GBP only! CLICKY!  Absolute steal! And you Brits even get free shipping (colour me green with envy! :lol:).

Today's addition to the stash: Hobby Boss 1/72 Rafale M

Total Rafale stash count: 15  :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Darlings, postie delivered and Airfix Hampden and a host of French decals...
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

sideshowbob9

Daryl J.

All 1/48:
Revell MiG-25 to be modified into a pre-prototype MiG-31 variant
Revell MiG-21PF to be modified into a non-delta ground attack prototype
Revell F-80C:  Let's see what would happen to it if the British had helped design it and tested a few of them.

I got to be my own Santa this year.  Now I have to be berry berry good to the lovely Mrs. J.

chrisonord

From Lucky model arrived in just on a week, a revell AD-5 Skyraider in 1/72nd scale. Total cost seven DOLLARS ninety-nine!!
Bargain :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Radish

All 1/72nd.

2 x Airfix Hampdens
2 x Revell Walrus
2 x Xtrakit Meteor Nightfighters

At least one of each will be French (the Meteor being REAL....aarrgghhhh!!)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

Got the following off EB in one lot for 38 quid.  :thumbsup: ;D

Tamiya 1/48 Swordfish Floatplane.   
Tamiya Bracing Wire Set
Eduard Floatplane Photoetch
Eduard Express Masks
Tamiya Build the SwordFish Book
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Aircav on December 09, 2010, 01:58:38 AMGot the following off EB in one lot for 38 quid.  :thumbsup: ;D

H*ll Steve, the kit alone costs more than that.... Good score  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

AeroplaneDriver

Nice single lot arrived from the eBay fairy:

Tamiya 1/48 F-16 (ooooold original kit, split vertically unlike every other F-16 with a horizontal split)
Hasegawa 1/48 F-16A "Tiger Meet"
Italeri 1/48 TR-1A/B
AFV Club 1/48 F-5E USAF Aggressor

Got the whole lot for a lot less than the AFV F-5E goes for!   :party:

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Aircav

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 09, 2010, 06:17:37 AM
Quote from: Aircav on December 09, 2010, 01:58:38 AMGot the following off EB in one lot for 38 quid.  :thumbsup: ;D

H*ll Steve, the kit alone costs more than that.... Good score  :thumbsup:

Ian

I thought it was going to go for a lot more that it did, but it didn't so thats my Christmas present to myself.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader