My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Academy MiG-21MF with all its warts, some resin to accurize it into an MF and some sheet styrene to Whiff it from there.  Heh heh heh.  
Trumpeter MiG-19PF.  It has a serious shape problem in front of the windscreen which just happens to nearly match the Mikoyan project that used the MiG-19 as a base to become the MiG-21 series.  How fortunate is that????   Put it into the hands of a whiffer and who knows what MiG ''prototype'' will appear.    :drink: :drink:
Trumpeter MiG-15UTI.  It's just so ugly I had to get one.   
Yeah, MiG jets are to me as 109's are to prop guys.  

Mossie

Airfix 1/72 Vampire FB.5 & a Frog 1/72 Sea Venom fuselage, courtesy of PR19_Kit.  They'll probably go together to make an inservice version of the High Altitude Vampire.
:party: :party: :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Sunday post got me my gift from Secret Santa.... :drink: :drink: :party: :party:

No idea what it is....tried the well known shake test but still none the wiser, but Mrs darkmaster thinks it may be " Another Bloody Model "   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks to whomever  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :bow: :bow:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Howard of Effingham

1/72 hobbyboss zlin-42M

comes with a clear fuselage and wings.....
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nigel Bunker

I was doing my annual pre-Christmas tidy up (the real in depth clean up in case MiL should appear) and found a Novo Attacker under the sofa. In my defence, the sofa is only  a castor off of the ground so anything that goes under there is unseen. Strangely, I have no recollection of having bought it. Perhaps I will fit the wings to an Airfix Spitfire PRXIX to make a Spiteful prototype, and the idea of fitting Spitfire wings to the attacker really appeals.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Army of One

Pah.....!!! I know I got stuff on the way...including a secret santa......but nothing since the three kits that I got from Kit...that have been wrapped by SWMBO'd and labelled from the children....cheeky cow..!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

proditor

The missus and I will be visiting family over Christmas, so we exchanged gifts early.  Which worked out well for me as I got a Dragon/Cyberhobby 1/700 USS Long Beach.   :thumbsup:

I also got a guide to being a superhero by Superman, and a Cthulhu dice bag.   :ph34r:

My wife is awesome.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nigel Bunker on December 20, 2010, 03:35:04 AM
I was doing my annual pre-Christmas tidy up (the real in depth clean up in case MiL should appear) and found a Novo Attacker under the sofa. In my defence, the sofa is only  a castor off of the ground so anything that goes under there is unseen. Strangely, I have no recollection of having bought it.

You do realise it's probably your suprise Xmas present don't you ? That's b**ered that one  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

In the middle of my Major Stash Reduction Programme I bought another kit today!  :banghead:

It's the 'new' Revell Bearcat, which is the lovely old Monogram kit actually, but the only one I had was turned into 'Mr Smirnoff',  the pylon racer. That's my excuse anyway........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 20, 2010, 07:45:47 AM
It's the 'new' Revell Bearcat, which is the lovely old Monogram kit actually,

Yup still has the Monogram name in the moulding. It is a lovely kit though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I've one together *somewhere* but can't find the box it's in!  Sure it's an Academy Corsair box because there's a stripped Corsair in there too!

I've four more unbuilt in the original boxes.  Tempted to do another at some stage next year.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Doing some last minute Christmas shopping, so as I was passing a shop which sells nice stuff.....

3 x Revell 1/72nd....

1 x Swordfish...possibly to be French, but USN seems a nice idea too.
2 x P-47D-30s....both real-ish French, postwar possibly for at least one.
:thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Got a nice 1/72 Fujimi A-4M Skyhawk from a friend as a Christmas present.

This is one of those grail kits. Drooled over this one and it's cool box art in the local toy shop way back when. Only in those days, I never had enough pocket money for a Fujimi kit (or the endurance to save up  ;D).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 20, 2010, 07:59:18 AM
I've one together *somewhere* but can't find the box it's in!  Sure it's an Academy Corsair box because there's a stripped Corsair in there too!

Found it, covered in dust in me Mam's loft.  Packed away in a box I'd never thought of looking in.  The tailplanes look a little droopy but I'll get it finished next year.  EDSG/Sky with the low demarcation line.

The Corsair that's with it needs stripping. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Army of One

Woohoo......little red van turns up with a parcel..........containing a 1/48 arfix Hawk 100 and three 1/72 helo's,Revell Merlin HC3 RAF....great looking kit....really great!!! Also an Italeri PAH2 Tiger and an A129 Mangusta......all bargain prices and well worth the packaging price paid....really well chuffed.... :thumbsup:...!!!!

Oh...Jim and Linda emailed letting them know that its arrived and with many thanks.... :bow:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!