Erprobungstaffel 1/144

Started by oliv30330, January 01, 2010, 01:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliv30330

the He511 is on the first page, the He611... I don't know, I can try to realise an AWACS, why not ???

Mossie

Hi Oliv!  Some lovely looking models in such a small scale, great work! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

oliv30330

sequoiaranger

Nice work on the Heinkels. I love the "Marauder", too! I had no idea that there was a Do-335 in 1/144 scale.

I traded away a collection of old Japanese manufacturer's 1/150 unusual aircraft that you might have liked. Among the aircraft was a He-100 and an amazing array of pretty accurate models. The box art was terribly crude, leading me to first believe that the models themselves were awful, but they were nice. Ever hear of them? I have no idea what brand they were, as everything was in Japanese script.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

oliv30330

I know that "there are few brands that make 1/150eme but I don't know the names. When the DO335A it has collections of Takara, the models are pre-painted 1/144eme with other models there understood of what if. I'd do a presentation if you want.
The PZL 63 as for name : ''Maruder'', I did not find the exact translation of the word "Marauder", I have only this rough translation
a+
Oliv

Sauragnmon

Some very nice work in there, I love the collection of bombers, and it's inspiring to see them in the scale - I'm realizing that I need to look in the smaller scale to collect bombers, as they are way too big in more modern incarnations to be used in my collection - I have a 1/72 Tu-16 and she's massive, but she might have another one join her just for the hell of it and because I doubt my local hobby store guy will sell it to anybody else.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sequoiaranger

>as for name : ''Maruder'', I did not find the exact translation of the word "Marauder", I have only this rough translation<

A "Marauder" is a bandit who roams the countryside in search of plunder/treasure, usually causing all sorts of mayhem and havoc along the way (maybe French does not translate this too well). "Brigand" is a British equivalent, I think.

They are both good names for a bomber.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

oliv30330

yes, but i can't translate "Marauder" in polish language, I find ''Maruder" but I'm not sure

oliv30330

Posted by: Sauragnmon 
Insert Quote
Some very nice work in there, I love the collection of bombers, and it's inspiring to see them in the scale - I'm realizing that I need to look in the smaller scale to collect bombers, as they are way too big in more modern incarnations to be used in my collection - I have a 1/72 Tu-16 and she's massive, but she might have another one join her just for the hell of it and because I doubt my local hobby store guy will sell it to anybody else
Hi Sauragnmon
TU16 at a 1:72! you live in a castle?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sauragnmon

It was the only scale I knew for it at the time, and it was a birthday present unto myself, the original one.  She was also my first spray job, and after that I swore off spray-coating anything, as I don't have the patience to do it right apparently.  There's another one on the shelf in my LHS, and I eye it every once in a while - she talks to me I swear.  I might see if I can pay it off in pieces or something.  I have plans to get the parts to turn it into a K-10 Badger, with the beastly AS-2 Kipper hanging from the centerline.  If I lived in a castle and had the money, I would have a Tu-160 in 1/72 - just because of the massive detailing in the Trumpeter offering.  Then again, I'd have a 1/144 Yamato and Bismarck, both whiffed, given the chance, space and money.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

oliv30330

If I lived in a castle and had the money, I would have a Tu-160 in 1/72 - just because of the massive detailing in the Trumpeter offering.  Then again, I'd have a 1/144 Yamato and Bismarck, both whiffed, given the chance, space and money.

+1  :thumbsup: me too

oliv30330

work in progress... F/A18fn, Bréguet 810T3, French Air Base...

bluedonkey99

Maybe the 4x engined He-x11 could be lengthend or stretched?  also, perhaps option for extending wing tips a also? or, "H" tail?

Bd99

oliv30330

yes it's possible. you give me a another idea : He111's fuselage with he177's wings...  ;D

Captain Canada

Nice work ! 144th is such a cool scale.....I noticed at my LHS today that Trumpeter's little Me262 comes with it's own little Kettengrad !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?