Main Menu

Trackrover - FINISHED!

Started by Weaver, January 04, 2010, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

absolutely brilliant  :cheers:

:bow:  joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Mossie

Ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:  Great job on the kit itself too, I like the snow weathering.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Blimey Charlie, calm down folks: it's only a bit of bicarb and PVA!  ;D Seriously, thanks for the comments: they're all much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Frank: Go for it! I'd love to see your take on the idea! Same goes for anyone else too.

Nev: Duly noted. I ummed and ahhed about whether to paint the tracks gunmetal or not, but time got the better of me and the silver plastic was good enough. Another admission: the white bits of the fingerpost post arn't painted either!  :o

Quote from: Hobbes on March 14, 2010, 11:08:19 AM
Cheeky bugger! Removing the evidence  :dalek:

Sorry, I still have no idea what you're on about....... :unsure:

You know how some projects feel as though they're striving to be real, almost without your intervention? Well check this out. Despite the mix of materials, there's only ONE place where some kind of peculiar reaction took place between PVA, DAS, enamel varnish and bicarb, turning it yellow, and where did it happen? On the back of the phone box, exactly where someone would take a leak on it in real life:

Spooky huh?  :blink: ;D ;D ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

buzzbomb

Great job..

Not only a very nifty and clean conversion the base and scene is just fantastic.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian T

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Hobbes

Quote from: Weaver on March 14, 2010, 06:56:29 PM

I direct the honorable gentleman's attention to the blue police box on the right side of the picture. When I wrote the post quoted above, this photo was removed from your post, I assumed you did that to confuse us. I see the photo's back again, perhaps a technical glitch ?

Weaver

Quote from: Hobbes on March 17, 2010, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Weaver on March 14, 2010, 06:56:29 PM

I direct the honorable gentleman's attention to the blue police box on the right side of the picture. When I wrote the post quoted above, this photo was removed from your post, I assumed you did that to confuse us. I see the photo's back again, perhaps a technical glitch ?

Slippery things, blue police boxes.....;)

- Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Outstanding in every way, Weaver! I love the guy coming out of the polar phone box just as the RAC shows up to fix the busted track!

This has gotta be my favorite diorama of the year!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Green Dragon

Truly excellent Weaver! :bow:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

McGreig

Quote from: Brian da Basher on March 21, 2010, 05:54:49 PM
Outstanding in every way, Weaver! This has gotta be my favorite diorama of the year!
Brian da Basher
A bit late to the party here, but I agree 100% with BdB :cheers:

The Rat

Quote from: McGreig on April 19, 2010, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: Brian da Basher on March 21, 2010, 05:54:49 PM
Outstanding in every way, Weaver! This has gotta be my favorite diorama of the year!
Brian da Basher
A bit late to the party here, but I agree 100% with BdB :cheers:

Never as late as I always am! Brilliantly done Weaver, and it'll be pretty hard to beat this as 'Best Back Story of the Year' when the Whiffies come out!  ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on March 17, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
Slippery things, blue police boxes.....;)

pish......it was just the Doctor going   :lol:

awesome work......i followed this from the start and really didnt think it would work out so well  :thumbsup:

found some artwork today and it made me think of what you were building, which is why i had to come and find the thread  ;D

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Cheers folks!

Beowulf: nice artwork! more Tucker Snow Cats....

- Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Wow H :o
This is absolutely marvellous  :bow:
You don't fancy making me a jungle airfield diorama do you? :rolleyes: :lol:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!