Main Menu

Trackrover - FINISHED!

Started by Weaver, January 04, 2010, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I just found this on Facebook....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

with the winters we've been getting around our parts lately -- I've been thinking about getting a set of these for my Suburban

http://www.americantracktruck.com/
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 26, 2014, 03:24:20 PM
with the winters we've been getting around our parts lately -- I've been thinking about getting a set of these for my Suburban

http://www.americantracktruck.com/

If I could only figure out some way of mating them to my FWD Grand Prix...especially if the Farmer's Almanac's winter predictions are going to be as bad as they say on the East Coast
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on September 26, 2014, 01:07:15 PM

Gondor

Nearly as good a real TrackRover.  ;D

So glad that gave me a chance to look back over one of the archtypal models we've had on here, truly a work of genius.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 26, 2014, 04:03:28 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 26, 2014, 01:07:15 PM

Gondor

Nearly as good a real TrackRover.  ;D

So glad that gave me a chance to look back over one of the archtypal models we've had on here, truly a work of genius.  :thumbsup:

Gondor: that looks like the same conversion as the vehicle back in post #3, but on a different Landy. thanks for posting the pic and reviving the thread, particularly because there's a link that Mossie found to some Nodwell snowmobile pics which I'd totoally forgotten about, that may prove useful shortly.

Kit: cheers! Sadly the bicarb "snow" has yellowed in places and it's looking a bit tired now. However I'm currently working on another BAS model for a GB over on BTS, and that will eventually have a snow base using proper modelling "snow". If that works out, I may redo the Trackrover on a neater, smaller base (so that it takes up less room on show tables).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on September 26, 2014, 08:37:55 PM
If that works out, I may redo the Trackrover on a neater, smaller base (so that it takes up less room on show tables).

Will that be with both phone boxes or just the red one?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2014, 12:35:40 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 26, 2014, 08:37:55 PM
If that works out, I may redo the Trackrover on a neater, smaller base (so that it takes up less room on show tables).

Will that be with both phone boxes or just the red one?  ;D :lol:

Oh for goodness sake, THERE IS ONLY ONE PHONE BOX!

Look:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

What a neat looking machine. Seems kind of high-centered, but with that short wheelbase, I bet it could go anywhere !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 27, 2014, 05:19:04 AM
What a neat looking machine. Seems kind of high-centered, but with that short wheelbase, I bet it could go anywhere !

:cheers:

Except if it had to get there via a cross-slope....

- Indiana Jones

scooter

How about this in BAS Orange?

:o :o :o :o
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on September 28, 2014, 02:59:14 PM
How about this in BAS Orange?

Like it!

Or, since it's German, how about the colours of the Alfred Wegener Institute, which is the German equivalent of the BAS. Their schemes vary, but tend to consist of horizontal stripes whose width ratios are roughly 50% white, 35% red, 15% blue.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Obviously on their way to the South Pole...

- Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2016, 08:53:53 AM
Obviously on their way to the South Pole...

Why the South Pole? :blink:

These gentlemen of the sub-continent could, at least, walk all the way to the North Pole. Going South would require them to swim 60%-75% of the distance! :rolleyes:

Maybe they're on their way to set up the line at the other extremity? :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 20, 2016, 09:17:01 AM

Because that's where the phone box is in my diorama. These guys were obviously under contract to the GPO, who probably rated them as 'local' since they were also from a long way away....

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2016, 01:45:27 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 20, 2016, 09:17:01 AM

Because that's where the phone box is in my diorama. These guys were obviously under contract to the GPO, who probably rated them as 'local' since they were also from a long way away....

;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards
Kit