1/48 A-7S Shorty (Honey, this time I shrunk the A-7)

Started by G.Marcat, January 07, 2010, 03:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

Another (fast) project.
not more another variant for the F-104 this time.

This time is fallen victim of the my fantasy the A-7 Corsair II.

Madame & Monsieur it's the A-7S Shorty:

Tomorrow more details on this project.

deathjester

That reminds me of the Nord Gerfaut (Teeny-tiny French supersonic test plane).  Nice work. 

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

WILD! At that length I would be tempted to forget about the horizontal stabilisers and make it like the Short Sherpa:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Remember when we went through that phase of doing silly profiles, starting with a Shorter Sunderland? Well amongst others, I contributed this:

Nice to see that even the unlikeliest of profiles can be made plastic...... ;D

Thread here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21719.0.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

G.Marcat

Quote from: The Rat on January 09, 2010, 04:54:53 PM
WILD! At that length I would be tempted to forget about the horizontal stabilisers and make it like the Short Sherpa:

From the beginning I planned to not touch the horizontal tail planes because the my A-7S is a scaled down version of the original.
The shape should remain recognizable.

Quote from: Weaver on January 09, 2010, 08:21:16 PM
Remember when we went through that phase of doing silly profiles, starting with a Shorter Sunderland? Well amongst others, I contributed this:

Nice to see that even the unlikeliest of profiles can be made plastic...... ;D

I had not seen the your drawing before, (sin, it was a good base) and this time I had not even done the usual drawings of preparation as I have done just that in the past.

This happens because the A-7S was born as an idea two years ago when, in an attempt to build the YA-7F using the two ESCI kit, I realized that cutting the central portion of the fuselage of the A-7, the two remaining parts, head and tail, were compatible to build another model.

Eddie M.

The idea looks very good. It reminds me of how short I think the S-3 fuselage is in relation to it's control surfaces.
Look behind you!

G.Marcat

Quote from: Eddie M. on January 10, 2010, 06:21:32 AM
The idea looks very good. It reminds me of how short I think the S-3 fuselage is in relation to it's control surfaces.

However, I did a little shortening on the outside of the wings, otherwise they were too long and I'm planning to shorten a little also the empennage.

G.Marcat

List of the recent work done:

Shortened a bit the height of the TAIL

Shortened the extreme outer of the WINGS:

The model is now so: tail glued, nosecone glued.

G.Marcat

SLUFFY was the victim of my lack of desire to work. After a month of sleep I decided to finish the job.

This is Sluffy at present:

Complete Gallery at this linK: http://digilander.libero.it/gmvenerabile/2010/a7-corto/11feb/

JayBee

This idea is silly, very silly, extermely silly.
I like it! :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!