1/144 Lockheed L-2010 "Constitution"

Started by Brian da Basher, January 08, 2010, 04:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dork the kit slayer

I never thought I could ever agree with any "cutting up" of a Connie...................but you da man :cheers: :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

sideshowbob9

Captain Canada

Wow...another beauty, Brian ! Love the way the Connie fuselage looks with those sleek wings and tail.....very sexy ! Also diggin' the retro paintjob....awesome stuff !

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sequoiaranger

...but then, is that so hard, really?

:lol:

Nice job. Can we expect to see the Connie's signature triple tail appear on some other BdB concoction?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Brian da Basher

Quote from: sequoiaranger on January 11, 2010, 08:55:42 AM
...but then, is that so hard, really?

:lol:

Nice job. Can we expect to see the Connie's signature triple tail appear on some other BdB concoction?

Current plans are to use the Connie tail on a DC-6, but I might come up with something better in the meantime.

I'm really glad you guys enjoyed my "Constitution". Your comments keep the madness going! I took the suggestion of making a prop-driven A319 to heart and it should be ready for decals in a day or so. As fate would have it, I've got the perfect livery for the Let It Snow GB.

Stay tuned!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

Just in case you were wondering what happened to the A319 fuselage:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27085.0.html

:cheers:
Brian da Basher

The Rat

:bow: That looks so natural it's frightening!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Stargazer

Magnificent!!!

Quote from: The Rat on January 12, 2010, 02:32:51 PM

Which amply proves that fuselage design has but little evolved in 60 years...

sideshowbob9

Quote from: The Rat on January 12, 2010, 02:32:51 PM

I entirely agree. Can't wait to see more.

Tophe

Quote from: Brian da Basher on January 12, 2010, 02:28:56 PM
Just in case you were wondering what happened to the A319 fuselage:
:wub: The sound of my clapping hands probably crosses the Ocean... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sequoiaranger

>Which amply proves that fuselage design has but little evolved in 60 years...<

Yes, simply because the requirements for passenger USE of the fuselage has remained the same. There is no need for bomb-bays, gun turrets, etc.---just a cylinder (of varying diameters) of seats and storage underneath, with control surfaces on one end and a "driver's" compartment on the other. So fuselages are almost completely interchangeable. Exceptions being the Boeing 747 or any others that have an upper deck.

If I were to whif an airliner, I would have a streamlined, highly- transparent "tub" beneath the plane for downward scenic "observation"--kind of an upside-down railroad car's "vista-dome" or a "glass-bottomed boat". Maybe looking something like an enlarged He-111 ventral gun position (the kind with a lot of windows along the side). I think it would only work on "modern" tricycle-gear aircraft, as a tail-dragger would put the tub at risk scraping and sparking along the ground.

In fact, at one time I was going to make an 1/72 airliner (linked to a Railroad company). Take an H0 train car with the vista-dome, turn it upside down, attach a normal, curved railroad-car "roof" to where the flat bottom and trucks were, and put on a similar cross-sectional pilot's compartment, tail, and wings. Instant aerial scenicruiser!

One *MIGHT* be able to do that with a 1/144 airliner and an "N"-scale dome car---hint, hint!

Stargazer

Very nice idea, sequoiaranger... but it would take some guts for people to dare to stand on the thing, let alone look down and realize there is hundreds of yards underneath their feet!

sequoiaranger

>Very nice idea, sequoiaranger... but it would take some guts for people to dare to stand on the thing, let alone look down and realize there is hundreds of yards underneath their feet!<

Yeah. I know the feeling. I've been in the Sky Tower in Auckland, New Zealand [see pic below]. It has a glass-floored area sticking out into space, and it is quite un-nerving to step out onto it when you can see the traffic down below, etc. Still, what a thrill!! I would assume that any "glass-bottomed aircraft" would have stools or something to sit on, but have a relatively unobstructed view below.

Stargazer

Did the same at the C/N Tower in Canada... 447 meters above the ground! Scary...