Privateer MR.2 FINISHED!!!

Started by TallEng, January 09, 2010, 02:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Fantastic, simple as that  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

karlik

very good idea and great work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Does the bizniss for me - in spades!  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

nev

Quote from: TallEng on February 22, 2010, 10:48:40 AM
Quote from: nev on February 22, 2010, 09:43:11 AM

What more do you have to do to it?

Just finish off the Transfers or Decals, add a couple of whip Antenna and tidy up the paint work
(I hope thats all :drink:)

Be sure to post more pics when you do so I can put it in the whiffies thread 8)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sandiego89

Excellent, glad you went with that paint.  Top notch. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TallEng

Tiny update today, as I keep having to go to work(the curse of the  :drink: Classes)
Anyway on with the photo's

Today the Privateer is sharing the pan with the Atlantic MR.1 Up on jacks (O.K: paint pots ;D)
and a visiting Buckeye T.2RN from the C.L.T.S. (Carrier Landing Training Squadron) RNAS Yeovilton

So I have added a couple of whip antenna on the fwd. fuselage, and a large VHF blade aerial.
Under the wings and rear fuselage are pairs of Dipole antenna.

and near the "B" I've added a pitot probe each side

Still to come: the HF Ariel's from the fin to the Fuselage, `Walk Here' markings on the Tailplane,
A squadron badge (for the Fin) Nose U/C doors and some sort of Varnish finish that will help the
decals blend in more, If you know what I mean  :rolleyes:

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

Gorgeous.....she looks super-s leek in those colours.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

It's definitely a very smart aircraft, very nicely done  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TallEng

O.K. Thats it!
I am going to declare the Privateer finished. :drink: Its not perfect, I Know but I think it makes the 80% mark (just)

Pictures anyone?

Privateer MR.2 WX575 of 210Sqn (RAF Topcliffe)
caught here on the Visiting Aircraft pan (under construction :rolleyes:) at RAF Hiding-in-the-Hedges 1957

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Looks every inch a real RAF plane :bow:  :wub:

Another one for the whiffes!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

A beauty!  Echoing Nev, it looks real.  :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PR19_Kit

The BUSINESS!  :lol:

That blue really suits your upddated Privateer, and it looks SO right as a RAF aircraft too, superbly done.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit