Privateer MR.2 FINISHED!!!

Started by TallEng, January 09, 2010, 02:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Yo

I have to admit, I shuddered a bit at the thought of a Privateer without all those wonderful turrets...but
this build really brings out the lines of the plane, and they are fine, fine, fine.

And I'm a firm believer that all radials should have spinners on their props, anyway. ;D

Beautiful job, sir.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

'Said it before, happy to say it again..... Superb  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

I have been watching this one with interest and it has turned out to be a very nice build! :thumbsup:

I am supremely jealous because you have a beautiful gloss finish!

Something I find very hard to do!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

TallEng

Thanks for the kind comments everybody!. ;D
As for the Gloss finish; its all down to the extremely shiny Xtracolour paint I've used. in the finished pictures I toned it down with a fifty-fifty mix of Revell's Aqua varnish Gloss and Matt
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

pyro-manic

Superb! A lovely finish, and as others have said, it just looks right. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

chrisonord

That is one really nice looking bird  :thumbsup: and deserved of a whiffy for sure.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

upnorth

That's a stunner! :wub:

The only way I could imagine it being better is with Shackleton style contraprops.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

sequoiaranger

...When I see the word "Privateer" I can't help but think of the hearty sea chanty of Canadian singer Stan Rogers', "Barrett's Privateers."

Oh I wish I were in Sherbrooke, now!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Weaver

Outstanding piece of work and very credible too - nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones