Patriot launcher module WIP & Finish pics - Warning, many pics!

Started by ti, January 10, 2010, 07:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

When I first started this project I had only decided to do the Launcher part of the complete model. Doing the entire model, would mean lots of work and more space. So I decided to keep it separate entities and just build the the model as a Stand-Alone launcher and modifying it to be an immobilized Variant Which in contrast to the real thing it lacks a method of being being mobilized thus minimizing the cost of having a large mobilized vehicle carrying crew to operate it. But these can only be placed at strategic areas counter react any hostile incoming weaponry.

Deciding on the scale was a little tough because I did not have any measurements of the system. The only thing I had to go by was a drawing of the missile canister. I took these measurements and scaled them down to various sizes, so it would be easy for me to make a choice. I had narrowed my choices down to 1 /35 and 1 /32 scale. So with the help of the few measurements that I got off the Internet and using, once again, common 'deductive scaling' ( a new term I made up. the term is similar to 'deductive reasoning'), I decided on a scale closer to 1/32. The canister on the base is slightly larger than 1/32 but it was meant to be just a separate display for the canister.

The model is not 100% exact to scale, as my deductive scaling is not a hundred percent accurate. Close, but not exact. This is what happens when one does not have access to true measurements. One has to improvise like most of you do. So far the launcher is 98% finished. Since the photos, the model has since been sold to a collector. Hope you all enjoy the pictures of the WIP to the final completion of the model.

This is my version of the Fame mobilized Patriot Variant. For those who have asked for WIP of my work, here you go. Enjoy:

-----------------------------------

EDIT:  Too many images in a single post, some not downloading.  Creating another post for them.  - Anthony
Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

anthonyp

Like I said, too many images in a single post.  Here's the rest of them.

------------------------------

The Finish product:

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

anthonyp

I can't believe this is scratch built!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very nice!  Keep posting!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

ti

My apologies for the posting all pics in one post. I had thought about that when I posted and wanted to make another post but you beat me to it. :) thank you for making the changes.
Charles

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Sauragnmon

Damn, man... to think you built that all from scratch, that is just wicked. Seriously.  I could almost see that thing built on top of a small fortified bunker position, with some kind of reload magazine setup around it to quickly reload the launcher when she runs dry.

Seriously good stuff there man.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

The Rat

That's some stunning work ti, my hat is off to you! Now since this is a 'what if' board you should have it launching a patriot, like maybe Sam Adams or Ethan Allen.  ;D :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Mossie

Fantastic work Ti!  You've really made quite in impact in the short time you've been here, stunning models!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ti

Quote from: Mossie on January 10, 2010, 12:41:28 PM
Fantastic work Ti!  You've really made quite in impact in the short time you've been here, stunning models!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate them. :)
Charles

John Howling Mouse

Ridiculously good!  I'm in awe.  Do you have any further 'tutorials' on your scratchbuilding, similar to the one with the pine trees?

BdaB: do you hear that?  It's our mudpies calling to us...

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Scooterman

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did a Top Notch Project here!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever read any Dale Brown Novels????? this looks like something out of Dale Brown or 'Iron Eagle'!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see More of Your great Work!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: Dan

ti

Quote from: Cobra on January 10, 2010, 09:54:26 PM
Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did a Top Notch Project here!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever read any Dale Brown Novels????? this looks like something out of Dale Brown or 'Iron Eagle'!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see More of Your great Work!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: Dan

Thanks.No I never had the pleasure of reading any of these books. :) Master scratch builder? Not yet. I striving for that title though.. ;D ;D
Charles