TC`s build thread.

Started by tc2324, January 10, 2010, 07:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Yes, that Ju-T-Tail is a real nice piece of work (and I'm not saying that only because it is a T-Tail...  :thumbsup:  )
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

tc2324

Ok, thought an update was in order. Haven`t done too much recently but here`s what has happened. Everthing got a coat of primer then masked off for the famous 74 Sqn black tail treatment......,

..... after the spraying.......,

....... and then the masking was removed to reveal those black tails......,

Next job is to mask off the tails in finer detail and spray on the `grey`...!
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

So tonight I did the reverse of last night and sprayed on the `grey`, but first I tried to correct the vent issue, which didn`t quite work out as well I thought it would............,

.... vent issue as mentioned.........,

.... then masking the tail.......,

.... and the finished product.......,

Brush work next, leave to dry, then varnish.

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

So, painted and varnished both aircraft today and all went well apart from the canopys. Both have a slight misting which I`m not sure why? Possible glue vapour?? Anyway tomorrow is `weathering` time and if possible, decals put on.

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Nearly got the Tiffie done. Splicing decals together is no fun at all.....!

Tonka tomorrow me thinks....!

Tiger, Tiger!

lancer

OH that Tiffie looks goooood in tiger markings...nice one
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

tc2324

Quote from: lancer on April 03, 2010, 02:18:01 PM
OH that Tiffie looks goooood in tiger markings...nice one

Cheers Lancer.

Tonka nearly ready now. Just a few niggles to sort out before the `74 Through The Ages` presentation.............,

Tiger, Tiger!

lancer

The Tonka look bloody nice as well..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

tc2324

Ok, time to wrap this one up. Here is 74 Sqn aircraft types from 1940 up until my `what if` date of 2020`ish....?!? Used a mixture of plastic and diecast to tell the story so hope you don`t mind? The eagle eyed amoungst you will note that certain types are missing like the Hurricane, Hawk and various T-Birds used by the Sqn, but hey, plenty of time to sort that out later.....!

Spitfire - 1939 - 1945

Meteor - 1945 - 1957

Hunter - 1957 - 1960

Lightning - 1960 - 1971

Phantom - 1984 - 1992

Tornado - 2000 - 2007

Typhoon - 2007 - 2013

`Flanker` - 2014 - 2020?????

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Just got both 1/48 kits delivered for the `what if` GB on the Britmodeller forum and as I`m a kind and sharing bloke I`ll keep you guys updated on it`s progress. Can`t start it yet though as it runs from the 31st July to mid/late November but heres a taster of what I have planned.   :thumbsup: 

Lots of dicing and splicing to be done during the build as it`s a kit bash so I`m glad it`s a long GB. To add a slight interactive side to the post I`m having a bit of trouble thinking of a name for my jet P-38, so if any of you have a suggestion, I`m all ears.....  :cheers:

Tiger, Tiger!

Cobra

how about calling your Jet Lightning the 'Jet Flash'? that work for you? i know it sounds a bit Cheesy :lol: Stay Cool.Dan

tc2324

Managed to grab an hour today and start this bit of `what if`. As you may know already, I`m not really a cockpit person but thought I`d try and make an effort with this one.

Also come to the conclusion that I`m going to have to make both kits and then cut them to size and fit. Oh well, who said this was going to be easy....?

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

End of day progress on my Lockheed XP-55 `Skunk`.

Everything built, painted and weathered.

Engines - check!
Cockpit sections - check!
Main weapons - check!

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

bluedonkey99

Quote from: tc2324 on June 05, 2010, 01:43:31 PM
I`m having a bit of trouble thinking of a name for my jet P-38, so if any of you have a suggestion, I`m all ears.....  :cheers:

The P-38 Lightning "Double Strike"   ;D