TC`s build thread.

Started by tc2324, January 10, 2010, 07:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Pretty much completed the build and put the covers on everything. U/C still to be done but added a couple of bits to make it interesting, so now the `tweaking` begins.....!

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

ChernayaAkula

Good golly, that's awesome!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

With the increased wingspan and tail, it looks like a very high altitude recce bird, predecessor of Lockheed's later U-2.

Looking good.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

Wow! Wonderful... :wub:
While... uh... yesterday morning I tried to draw it, and drew it wrongly now this seems obvious, so today posting it at the end of my what-if P-38 site ( http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit ) I wrote this was a preliminary drawing. This way I authorize myself to draw it again, almost perfectly the day it will be finished.
By the way, why Ed said there is "increased span"? I thought the booms were replaced by jets then the booms were installed externally, without extending the wing. Was I wrong once more? We need details to celebrate fully your work, tc... ;D :lol:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: Ed S on August 13, 2010, 08:38:31 PM
With the increased wingspan and tail, it looks like a very high altitude recce bird, predecessor of Lockheed's later U-2.

Looking good.

Ed

Beat me to it Ed, exactly what I thought  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Quote from: Tophe on August 13, 2010, 09:50:19 PM
Wow! Wonderful... :wub:
While... uh... yesterday morning I tried to draw it, and drew it wrongly now this seems obvious, so today posting it at the end of my what-if P-38 site ( http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit ) I wrote this was a preliminary drawing. This way I authorize myself to draw it again, almost perfectly the day it will be finished.
By the way, why Ed said there is "increased span"? I thought the booms were replaced by jets then the booms were installed externally, without extending the wing. Was I wrong once more? We need details to celebrate fully your work, tc... ;D :lol:

Thanks for the comments again all. Glad you all like it.  :cheers:

Tophe, I don`t really want to give too much away at the moment but all will be revealed in the backstory I am working on.  :thumbsup:

Tiger, Tiger!

Taiidantomcat

Better than I imagined! Wow!  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tc2324

Ok, last picture of the build before the reveal and backstory. Airframe primed and first coat of `warpaint` has gone on. Need to fill that section by the nose cone, attach u/c, u/c doors, wing tanks and some touch up painting of the exhausts and cockpit area and I should be about done.

Tiger, Tiger!

Tophe

tc2324

Thought I`d be finished by now, but alas the other `arf keeps giving me chores around the house. So heres an update on what she looks like now. (the model, not the wife..!)

Tiger, Tiger!

Tophe

Quote from: tc2324 on August 16, 2010, 03:34:55 PM
So heres an update on what she looks like now. (the model, not the wife..!)
:wub: - :wub: (admirative whistle - for the model, not the wife, I do respect...) ;D

Cobra

Sweet Job :thumbsup: Any plans to put a Shark's Mouth on it? just asking because it looks like a Shark's mouth would be Natural for it.  :cheers:Dan

tc2324

Quote from: Cobra on August 16, 2010, 09:32:14 PM
Any plans to put a Shark's Mouth on it?

I`m afraid not. Standard testbed sheme for this bird I`m afraid.   :cheers:

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Diorama and backstory presentation to finish this build will have to wait until the weekend but thought you may like a few colour pics of the completed model and profiles. Decals being very old were a nightmare to apply with all that white halo stuff around them all so out came the fine paint brush again.

Overall I`m petty happy with this model and I think the back story is a cracker.

Untill the the weekend...........!

Tiger, Tiger!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.