TC`s build thread.

Started by tc2324, January 10, 2010, 07:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Man if you had entered that into the Sovietise it build then I think that you would have done well!

Not a huge fan of the Phantom but that one could make me change my mind! ;D

Great Whif!!!!!! :wub:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

tc2324

Thanks for the kind comments gents. As long as I have entertained you with my Whif`s, then it`s job done. :thumbsup:

Got to take a break for a bit now, but I will return with my jet powered Stuka in the near future. ;D
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Brian da Basher

Did he say he was planning a jet-powered Stuka?
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Incredible!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

That has got to be one of the prettiest Phantoms I've ever seen! Very nice work and the black and whites were incredibly realistic
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

tc2324

A quick update on my Junkers 187.....:)

First atempt at kit bashing so may have to bare with me on this one...:D

Main section and powerplants made up today. Nothing painted yet, but there`s method to my madness.....;)

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

While doing a bit of research I just found out that a Junkers 187 existed, in test form anyway, so got to come up with a new designation.:rolleyes:  

This `what if` back story stuff isn`t easy....  :lol:

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Quote from: tc2324 on March 09, 2010, 03:13:19 AM
While doing a bit of research I just found out that a Junkers 187 existed, in test form anyway, so got to come up with a new designation.:rolleyes:  

This `what if` back story stuff isn`t easy....  :lol:

The 187 never got beyond the design stage. As 287 was used for the jet bomber, how about 387 or maybe Ju 87 with a suffix for jet assisted ? I'll let the German speakers figure that one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Cheers for the input Narses. Think I`m going to go for an added prefix to the Ju 87 designation as it`s not a new airframe design. :thumbsup:

Added the engines to the wings today. I think some of you may be surprised.... :wacko:

Tiger, Tiger!

GTX

Have a look here for some info - a few numbers allocated but not used by Junkers might be a goer - e.g. Ju 91, 92, 93, 94...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

tc2324

Quote from: GTX on March 09, 2010, 11:38:55 PM
Have a look here for some info - a few numbers allocated but not used by Junkers might be a goer - e.g. Ju 91, 92, 93, 94...

Regards,

Greg

Cheers Greg, I`ll review the options and see if there is anything I like. :thumbsup:

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Ok, a quick pic to give you an idea of my `uprated` Ju 87`ish thingy ma-jiggy.

Still a hell of a lot of work to do.......  :banghead:

Tiger, Tiger!

Cobra

Looking Good So Far!!!!!!!! Small Q:any plans to add a Shark's Mouth when you get to the P&D Work???? think it might look Menacing with a Shark's Mouth on it!!!!!!! stay Cool :mellow: :cheers: Dan

Brian da Basher

Putting the engines on top of the wing was truly inspired!
Brian da Basher

tc2324

Quote from: Cobra on March 10, 2010, 03:09:32 PM
Looking Good So Far!!!!!!!! Small Q:any plans to add a Shark's Mouth when you get to the P&D Work???? think it might look Menacing with a Shark's Mouth on it!!!!!!! stay Cool :mellow: :cheers: Dan

Cheers Dan. :cheers: As this will be `schemed` as a prototype aircraft, a sharks mouth may look a little out of place? Also the nose will house the main weapons so not sure if I would have the space?

Quote from: Brian da Basher on March 11, 2010, 01:51:56 AM
Putting the engines on top of the wing was truly inspired!
Brian da Basher

Thanks Brian,

The backstory will reveal all and why... ;D

Tiger, Tiger!