Introduction of a new member to the 'What if' forum

Started by ti, January 11, 2010, 01:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

I hail from a little town called Falun, 2.5 hours drive from Stockholm city in Sweden. Born in 1969,I have been interested in modeling since I was 12 but never got to doing any real building; there were other interest that took priority at the time. Not until recent, at the end of 2002 my interest was rekindled. While browsing the Internet, I came across a gallery of beautiful military models that completely saturated my taste buds for modeling once again. After an eye-opening experience, my hands would finally get a taste of what I had been missing. I have been modeling just about 6 years now...

About my builds

I have always been interested in hi-tech machinery and that is why I do a lot of modern equipment. This is a collection of my modern armor models which I have tried to replicate as accurately as possible. I tend to do things that are seldom seen and/or not produced in kit form. This way I am the only one that has a that particular type of model. Not in all cases, but among the very few people that builds one-of-kind models that relate to the real world. It makes modeling more interesting. I also build ' What if ' objects, It gives me an even better creativity doorway to jolt out my what should or could be possible.

I have built models that already exist today but since this place is only for 'what if' models it's probably not the right place to showcase them. Thank you all for your comments and inspirational words.

Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PanzerWulff

Let me be the first to say Welcome Ti !!! As my handle shows I'm a armor lover myself but I build about everything,I can't wait to see some of your builds :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

ti

Quote from: PanzerWulff on January 11, 2010, 04:29:41 AM
Let me be the first to say Welcome Ti !!! As my handle shows I'm a armor lover myself but I build about everything,I can't wait to see some of your builds :thumbsup:
"Panzer"

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've only posted the builds that this board required. Not sure if the Admins will appreciate me posting anything other than 'What if' builds, unless they would not mind. But I'll have to get their permission first.
Charles

B777LR

En svensker! Welcome to the nuthouse! Non-whiffs are also appreciated on here :thumbsup:

ti

Quote from: B787 on January 11, 2010, 06:54:12 AM
En svensker! Welcome to the nuthouse! Non-whiffs are also appreciated on here :thumbsup:

B787, jo. En svensk. ;)  ;D ;D Kul att se en till. ;) So where do I post non-whiffs, if you don't mind me asking?
Charles

B777LR

Quote from: ti on January 11, 2010, 07:00:16 AM
Quote from: B787 on January 11, 2010, 06:54:12 AM

B787, jo. En svensk. ;)  ;D ;D Kul att se en till. ;) So where do I post non-whiffs, if you don't mind me asking?

Same place as all other whiffs, the current and finnished projects :thumbsup:

:cheers:

PS: Jeg er Dansker ;D

ti

Ok Thanks. Yeah, Jag kollade en gång till o såg att du var Dansk. :)
Charles

ti

Tack Tack...(which means thank you to our english speaking brothers)
Charles

Geoff

ti

Charles

Daryl J.

Vilkommen til Whaf-if.    :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :thumbsup:
:cheers:,
Daryl J., 50% Norske

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

ti

Charles

beowulf

actually, ive just realised that i think i know you from another forum...........i recognise some of your work.............outstanding as normal, welcome aboard  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder