April Fool

Started by slackjack, January 11, 2010, 10:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Brian,
Then this would be the perfect group build for you.  Something to get you out of all those detailed kit bashed whiffs.  You already did one Dakota out of the box.  Maybe this time, you paint it in OD over grey with some black and white stripes or even in a Civilian Airliner scheme. 
Come on, join the Dark Side  :wacko:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Eddie M.

I really like the real world idea because it has been brought up recently and since the idea seems to be popular, it should mean a very healthy participation. :) Myself, I have my doubts on whether I can do a straight up real world build. It just seems...so ...unreal.
Look behind you!

philp

It's OK Eddie, just resist the urge the cut up multiple kits and stick the pieces back together.
Maybe if you just open one kit on the workbench and don't look at other kits in your stash.
I know you and Brian can do it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

So how many do we need for a GB?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Rat

Quote from: Brian da Basher on January 14, 2010, 02:20:54 PMOn the plus side, a Real World GB would be cheaper than a 12-step program...

It's only January, but I think that may be the 'response of the year'!  ;D ;D ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Eddie M.

Quote from: Aircav on January 15, 2010, 02:14:16 AM
So how many do we need for a GB?

I would think we need to make it known in the GB Repository so folks can see our intentions. Slackjaw, do you mind us using the name April Fool GB?
Look behind you!

philp

Even if we don't get the nod, I say we go forward with this idea and post as an "unofficial" GB.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

slackjack

I'd be fine with it, was thinking it'd maybe be fun if we could include WhatIfs that had some sort of actual historical basis that would make for a more interesting-to-non-WhatIffer-folks build, just so the "outsiders" might see something that wasn't pure fiction or speculative. I have a couple things in mind that would be WhatIf, but were actually documented as genuine due to murky intel reports until later intel proved it incorrect.

Eddie M.

Quote from: philp on January 15, 2010, 07:47:36 AM
Even if we don't get the nod, I say we go forward with this idea and post as an "unofficial" GB.

Agreed!
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: slackjack on January 15, 2010, 08:01:04 AM
I'd be fine with it, was thinking it'd maybe be fun if we could include WhatIfs that had some sort of actual historical basis that would make for a more interesting-to-non-WhatIffer-folks build, just so the "outsiders" might see something that wasn't pure fiction or speculative. I have a couple things in mind that would be WhatIf, but were actually documented as genuine due to murky intel reports until later intel proved it incorrect.

That's why I'm glad you're here. Looking forward to see your work. :)
Look behind you!

slackjack

Thanks, Eddie. I'm working on my workbench today, may be able to get some modeling in soon.

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Eddie M.

SWEET!! It's on!!
Look behind you!

Aircav

So is that 1st Feb to 1st April or 1st March to 1st April ?
I'm in with a 1/35 Landrover BTW  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

slackjack

Wow, this is really cool, but I hope it's not going to upset the "stride" of this site. After all, the focus around here is "whatifs." Maybe we could say this would be "What if the What Ifs we like and build WERE real - what, then, would be our What Ifs?"

Ok, well, I was told some of the world's best modelers are here - that the skills to be a WhatIffer require the ability and patience to take things that DON'T belong together and make them work. It's something that most modelers never really get to do, includind a fair amount of scratch building and all that stuff. So, this GB would be like getting to see some true artists show their skills in a familiar build scheme - compare it to the Eric Clapton unplugged CD, a chance to hear one of the best guitarists play how he really plays.

So, if it's not subversive or anathema to this site's raison d'ĂȘtre and you're willing to break all the rules BY FOLLOWING ALL THE RULES, this could be your calling.

I may just go straight OOB and use nothing but tools to "git 'er done." For me, what if I had some skills? :D