April Fool

Started by slackjack, January 11, 2010, 10:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Well when the Boss say's "Sure, why not?" we could hardly not do it  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

B777LR

It would be fun to try sneaking in a whiff bit, and see if people notice it. Just a subtle amount of whiff...

Mossie

That sounds okay, we don't want to get into rivet counting, while keeping any deviation to a bare minimum.  I think we should include sci-fi as long as it's a near-as-damn-it representation of something that's been in show/film/comic book?

I'd suggest a standard three month slot, one month is just too short.  Also, maybe start it on April 1st as there are quite a few GB's running at the mo, most of them will have ended by then.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

I'd rather it was a straight real world build, no whifs or sci-fi, thats the point of the April Fool bit as far as I'm concened also ending on April 1st.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Supertom

My thought on this was that some of the guys here asked about some real-world modeling for this site, and since the Big Three already had an emphasis on that (and we are, after all, What If), that got dropped.  But if ARC can have a Silly Week perhaps we could do the opposite and have a Serious Week and throw in a bit of irony by having it over April Fools.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Mossie

Quote from: Aircav on January 18, 2010, 08:13:54 AM
I'd rather it was a straight real world build, no whifs or sci-fi, thats the point of the April Fool bit as far as I'm concened also ending on April 1st.

I chucked in Sci-Fi as a 'straight' build simply because there are forums like Starship Modeller.  Although there is a free reign, they like to focus on what's cannon & mainstream, so maybe we could go a similar route, i.e. not TIE fighters in WWI lozenge camo, but exactly how they look in Star Wars.  We don't tend to do many of those but I'm not too worried, I was more just thinking of getting as many as possible involved.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChrisF

Ive never got involved with any group builds and dunno even how to go about it... but im up for giving it a go...

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Eddie M.

Quote from: ChrisF on January 18, 2010, 02:41:41 PM
Ive never got involved with any group builds and dunno even how to go about it... but im up for giving it a go...

First, we'll need to find a moderator. Then the rules will be hammered out and away we go. ;D

Me? I've been looking for an excuse to build my last Tomcat and will use the VF-1 Wolfpack decal Baz sent me ages ago. I am eagerly awaiting this GB!! ;D;D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Just a quick question: what does it mean, this "real world" of which you speak?

:rolleyes:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 18, 2010, 04:29:37 PM

It's like the sun. You need welders glasses to look at it. ;)
Look behind you!

B777LR

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 18, 2010, 04:29:37 PM

Step 1.
You look at a black and white photo of a Bf-109G-14/10 with the spinner off a Bf-109F due to battle damage.

Step 2.
You get out that 1/32 Trumpigawa Harrier GR-9 you've got in your stash

Step 3.
You convert the Trumpigawa 1/32 Harrier GR-9 into a Bf-109G-14/10 with a spinner from a Bf-109F, exactly as it looks on the black and white photo. Not pilots dressed in pink, unless the black and white photo has a pink pilot.

Step 4.
You paint it as in the black and white photo.

Step 5.
Make sure the rivet align with the grainy black and white photo.

Step 6.
Decal it with markings in the same shape and colour as in the grainy black and white photo.

Step 7.
Post photos of the model on here

Captain Canada

I like the idea of an April Serious GB ! To funny !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: slackjack on January 11, 2010, 10:18:23 AM
Is there an April Fool's Day activity around here?

Funny you should mention that.....................................its YOUR turn in the barrel.

The way of the Wiffer are indeed strange.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/