S

Suggestions?

Started by sideshowbob9, January 12, 2010, 07:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

For the Fury, what about an all-weather version, with a Sabre Dog style nose radar and a deeper fuselage? French Navy for the Scooter, turn the SB-2 into a tri-motor.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Boomerang:

Two seat trainer
Inline engine, mucho  cutting, p, s & r needed.
Change the Twin Wasp for a single row radial, shorten the fuselage, make it open cockpit & add spats for a proto-Boomerang, (a baby boomer I guess!  :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:).  Kind of an Aussie Rata.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sideshowbob9

QuoteFor the Fury, what about an all-weather version, with a Sabre Dog style nose radar

Hmmmm...... maybe try and make it a two-seater as a Mystere IVN competitor...... Good idea!

Got an in-line Wirraway (Harvard) in progress along those lines. Dunno what it is about the Boomerang but nothing is grabbing me.  :huh:

The other one is the Delfin. Best I could come up with is a flying bomb (AS-3 style).

Mossie

Three more:
Advanced Boomerang, R-2800, cut down fuselage with bubbletop, clip wings & tail, fuselage stretch.
Jet Boomer, similar to above, but reprofile nose & stick a jet exhaust in the rear.  Maybe even add a swept wing if you feel like it.
Twin Boomerang, chop the wing to add a pair of engines of your choice, the nose should be large enough for some serious firepower.

EE Lightning, turn it on it's side, make into a standard side by side fighter!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sequoiaranger

sideshowbob---If you've seen a Fiat G.59 you'll love it! Quite simply a Fiat G.55 with P-51-style Merlin engine. I have only seen two-seaters, as trainers, but do they look sweet!

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraftsearch=Fiat+G-59

[edit]: Oh, just saw this thread here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?topic=17556.0
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

sideshowbob9

^ Way ahead of you and you're right I do got a thing about the G.59!

Got a 1/48th G.55 (SMER?) that's gonna get an Otaki 1/48th P-40E's V-1710. I figured exchange one "Jay Leno" chin for another (I know technically that epithet was for the Buchon but hey).

Got a 1/72 one that's gonna get an Alfa Romeo radial (probably a Bristol Centaurus masquerading as an Alfa "Double Jupiter").

The one in question was gonna get an M-82FN for my Red Italy scenario but it's now going on a Yak-7. I suppose I could always get another La-5 for the M-82 but then what do I do with the Lavochkin?

The R-2800 Boomerang has some merit (I'm gonna run out of R-2800s though!). Sorta a testbed to iron out the engine for the CA-15?

Wow, this has turned into a bit of a ramble but it's nice to exchange ideas isn't it?  -_-

Edit: I'm gonna have to look into the E-E "Plaicefish" idea.  :thumbsup:

Mossie

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on June 24, 2010, 06:00:18 PM

The R-2800 Boomerang has some merit (I'm gonna run out of R-2800s though!). Sorta a testbed to iron out the engine for the CA-15?

Edit: I'm gonna have to look into the E-E "Plaicefish" idea.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's the kind of line I was thinking in a precursor to the CA-15, or maybe an alternative when the program stalled.

'Plaicefish', didn't think of it like that! :lol:  I've had thought's about it before, it wouldn't be a simple bash as the Lightning is not quite symetrical top & bottom.  The way I'd thought of was to take two kits & cut them horizontally.  Place the two bottom halves together, & cut out the belly fuel tanks.  Cue much chopping, sanding, fettling etc.  There may be an easier way to do it!

sideshowbob9

Hmmmm...... sounds too much like hard work!  :lol:

An idea I've just had for the Lightning is cutting the fuselage into two sections to be used as engine nacelles on a Stirling-based proto-Sperrin. Admittedly, the two lower "nacelles" would have different profiles to each other but maybe the Sperrin could be an engine testbed.

That way, I can stick the Lightning cockpit on the back end of a Su Fitter I've got to make a "Hemi-Lightning".

Mossie

If I've understood it right that'd be pretty much the English Electric P.6-1?

sideshowbob9

The P.6 had a Thames (or a Medway, I always get those two confused) didn't it? I had in mind more literally half a Lightning, with only a single afterburning avon. Not intended to match up to or exceed the Lightning's performance in any way, shape or form.

Of course, I'll have to wait until the kits arrive to see if any of this is even possible!  :o