USAS Edison

Started by proditor, January 12, 2010, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

proditor

And a look to the future...

Ed S

Magnificent!!!  A great use of that kit.  A lot better than anything I would have done with it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

puddingwrestler

Huzzah! This is what I like to see - imagination applied to models rather than just changing the markings.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

Amazing imagination + incredible workmanship =  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

OUTSTANDING!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Excellent backstory too!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

BRILLIANT!!![/color] The back story is pretty awsome too. Great modelling
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Outstanding!  :bow: Absolutely awesome!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sudzonic

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

proditor

Thanks guys!!  And above all, thanks to Ed S for sending me the awesome kit.

Also, thanks to JoeP and Weaver for the inspiration to make the Autogyphibian.  (Joe's Temeraire, and Weaver's Ornithopter story)

And Weaver (again) and Radish for fueling my insanity here and elsethread.

Building this has been a blast, AND, I actually finished something!!!  It's a banner day!   :thumbsup:

philp

Fantastic build but you are causing me a dilemma.

Do we put in for a Ship Whiffie or Sci-Fi  :blink:.  Between all the Space, Sky and Ski battleships I have seen so far, maybe will have to create a Battlewagon Whiffie category.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

proditor

Quote from: philp on March 30, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
Fantastic build but you are causing me a dilemma.

Do we put in for a Ship Whiffie or Sci-Fi  :blink:.  Between all the Space, Sky and Ski battleships I have seen so far, maybe will have to create a Battlewagon Whiffie category.
I'll be honest, that same dilemma is why I've been posting my trackback in the Current and Finished projects thread, and not one of the sub-categories.  :lol:

noxioux

After looking at this, I went out and bought a crochet kit and some patterns. . .

I knew it would be awesome, and I was right! :wub: