Main Menu

DC-Ski

Started by Eddie M., January 17, 2010, 01:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

This one looks like everyone is having fun, I thought I might add my simple build to the snowy fray. Just a regular Revell DC-3 done in a period airliner, but fit out to go out to where the real fun begins. In the snow!

Look behind you!

Mossie

Glad to have you Eddie!  What kit is it?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

It's the Revell 1/90. They used to be dirty cheap at Walmart, so I had a few. This is the last one. I've decided to make this a sight seeing aircraft and as such, have been adding extra viewing portals.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

More mods to the engine. Here's the source of some of my brainstorms. Rockstar and Gatorade. ;D

Look behind you!

nev

Welcome aboard Master Chief :)

What sight are they seeing?  The crashed alien spaceship that has lain dormant for 10 years...? :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

Oh boy i have made mixes like that and was up for days LOL  :wacko: Can't wait to see more  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Quote from: nev on January 18, 2010, 09:12:27 AM
Welcome aboard Master Chief :)

What sight are they seeing?  The crashed alien spaceship that has lain dormant for 10 years...? :wacko:

Now there's an idea! I had planned on getting this one done fairly quickly, so I might be able to do my first dio. Snow is easy to make,right?
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's my first try at using soda can aluminum for engine mods. A little tweak here and there and this should come out looking okay.

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Wow that's one very convincing looking set of cowl flaps there, Eddie@ I was already impressed with the new view ports on the fuselage, but you're really taking this to a higher level with fantastic detailing!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Looking good. I just love DC-3s....lots built and lots more to build too. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Heh, heh, I was just pulling out my own (Airfix) DC-3 to put skis on it, too, when I saw this, Eddie.  I think one Gooney-Bird is enough for the group build so I look forward to this.  Can't believe that drink you've got on the go, though.  Do the two not even mix?  Looks like an old lava-lamp!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Done with the first engine.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

By the way, if anyone is looking for some good inspiration for skis on aircraft, these are pretty cool. :)

http://www.trickair.com/
Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.