ANR 46´. Reggiane Re 2006 R

Started by PACOPEPE, January 18, 2010, 10:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Here is the latest development of a very interesting aircraft that didn´t arrive in time to fight in the WWII; the Reggiane Re 2006.

In contrast, it served to the development of another aircraft of the same builder; the Reggiane Re 2007.

Regards
Fran

Tophe

a kind of Jet Re-2005? Nice! :thumbsup:
What do you use as basis?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PACOPEPE

No exactly, the Reggiane Re 2005 has its own jet version (Re 2005R), with the exhaust of the jet under the tail, and the intake under the half of fuselage.

This kit comes from the model of Reggiane Re 2006 of RS Models (1/72), with the nose of a kit of soviet Yak 23.

Cheers
Fran

sideshowbob9

nev

Interesting....especially when you get to put paint on it :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sauragnmon

I just finished commenting on my liking of Yak jets in the Empire's Twilight - Seriously, I Love the way the early ones look like WW2 aircraft conversions - you just proved my point! Awesome idea!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Tophe

Quote from: PACOPEPE on January 18, 2010, 11:08:33 AM
No exactly, the Reggiane Re 2005 has its own jet version (Re 2005R), with the exhaust of the jet under the tail, and the intake under the half of fuselage.
This kit comes from the model of Reggiane Re 2006 of RS Models (1/72), with the nose of a kit of soviet Yak 23.
Cheers
Fran
Thanks for the explanation. ;D

redstar72

The Re 2005 was a streamlined and beautiful aircraft. So, the jet version looks nice too.

But, the half-circle nozzle looks quite strange. And isn't it too small?
Doezn't it need some "waisting" of the fuselage behing the nozzle, to make it full circle? The Yak-23 had such a waisting, though it's forgotten in the old KP kit:

Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

PACOPEPE

Quote from: redstar72 on January 31, 2010, 02:11:07 AM
The Re 2005 was a streamlined and beautiful aircraft. So, the jet version looks nice too.

But, the half-circle nozzle looks quite strange. And isn't it too small?
Doezn't it need some "waisting" of the fuselage behing the nozzle, to make it full circle? The Yak-23 had such a waisting, though it's forgotten in the old KP kit:

I totally agree with you, redstar72. I´ll try it.

Thanks
Fran

CAO 700

Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

PACOPEPE

At last i could to return the work of this little-known italian project of the end of WWII.

I´ve modified the fuselage to mount the nozzle of jet engine.

All the best
Fran

Tophe

redstar72

Glad to see you again with this interesting project!
Good solution with the engine nozzle and fuselage waisting!  :thumbsup:
Don't forget that the tailwheel must be "full-metal" without rubber tire - just like that on the Yak-15. It would have more "square" appearance and burned metal color, rather than tire black.
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

PACOPEPE

Thanks for the comment; redstar72. As i´ve seen in photos of the Yak-15,  i´ll put a metal piece -above-, protecting the tail wheel.

Regards
Fran

PACOPEPE

Like the 2005 R, near finish at last:

All the best
Fran