Work in Progress, a shoal of Fish...........beds!!

Started by chrisonord, January 26, 2010, 09:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Here is my shoal of fishbeds, in various states of rebuild and repaint. Some are from years ago and have had a reprieve from the bone yard, others are recent builds that have been upgraded for the Cartel air wing. The main upgrade for most is the fitment   of a newer more powerful engine, and on one example conformal fuel tanks. Newer avionics have been fitted to nearly all of them as alot have been salvaged from the scrap yards and museums. Also shown is the aircraft waiting to be built, these are from various manufacturers and will also when built be upgraded and rearmed accordingly.On its way is a Mig-21 SMT also.

Cheers,
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

philp

Love the camo's Chris.  Looking forward to the finished pieces.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sauragnmon

Always the creative man with the camo - beautiful work, keep up the good stuff, Chris!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Allan

Isn't there something marvellous about the Fishbed?!
And those are wonderful models.
Allan

Tophe

I have found on my hard-drive a photo of Twin-Fishbed model. This would be even more special in your collection, no?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

Quote from: Tophe on January 30, 2010, 10:55:13 PM
I have found on my hard-drive a photo of Twin-Fishbed model. This would be even more special in your collection, no?
Thanks for that Tophe, I think a twin Fishbed would be quite cool looking, especially with the cockpit moved to the new centreline.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

That's quite the selection of Fishbeds! :bow: Especially like the one with the grey/green/blue splinters!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?