The Aviation Workshop TSR.2 After-Market Resin Accessories and Conversion Parts.

Started by Jeffry Fontaine, January 26, 2010, 04:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

The Aviation Workshop from the UK offers a number of aftermarket accessories, conversion parts, and decals in several scales.   What caught my eye were the after-market resin products to upgrade the Airfix 1/48th scale TSR.2 which appeared in a recent product review on Hyperscale.  This led me back to The Aviation Workshop web site where I discovered a number of other after-market products which all appear to be very well done.  So if you have the time to browse I would recommend taking the time to review the entire product line, there might be something there that you just can not live without.  ;^)

Here is an image from the product review on Hyperscale of the Reconnaissance pack for the TSR.2 (For discussion purposes only):

(image source: Hyperscale.com/Brett Green)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PR19_Kit

I just wish they'd do some, if not all, of them in 1/72. I asked them at Telford (I think it was them anyway...) about that and they didn't seem to show any interest.  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2010, 09:39:44 PM
I just wish they'd do some, if not all, of them in 1/72. I asked them at Telford (I think it was them anyway...) about that and they didn't seem to show any interest.  :unsure:

I think you need to bug SAMI if you want them in 1/72 scale Kit, they had a nice selection of different sets which are all sold out now.  I did find out though that The Aviation Workshop did them for SAMI.

http://www.sampublications.com/sampubs.htm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike