twin engine Fleet Air Arm

Started by thedarkmaster, January 28, 2010, 12:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Don't ask me. I can remember watching the very first one being shown on the telly back in 63 ?  They repeated it the following week because there had been some sort of problems which meant a lot missed it. Within a week we were playing Dr Who in the school playground. When the robo men came along the "conversion" process was slightly painfull if a Dalek caught you as a resistance fighter  :blink: ;D

* Can't be bothered to check date so memory may be wrong  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I did a quick search and there have been more than a few ! I'm watching the 2005 series, with Christopher Eccleston. Tom Baker will always be 'my' Dr. tho !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Tom Baker was the best of the first generation in my view but David Tennant has been the best followed by Matt Smith again in my view. I'm not a fan of Peter Capaldi, there's something about him I'm not comfortable with, but maybe that's deliberate ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Jon Pertwee was my Doctor.
All those UNIT episodes when the TARDIS was broken and The Doctor was trapped on current day earth.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

royabulgaf

NARSES 2, the first Dr Who episode aired on November 22, 1963.  The first reports of US President John Kennedy being shot would have started coming in around air time.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

PR19_Kit

Quote from: royabulgaf on October 15, 2016, 01:23:55 PM
NARSES 2, the first Dr Who episode aired on November 22, 1963.  The first reports of US President John Kennedy being shot would have started coming in around air time.

What a co-incidence.

I was at college doing my HNC evening classes that evening, and they had Kennedy's shooting on TV in the Student's Union. Classes were a bit slow later on.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: royabulgaf on October 15, 2016, 01:23:55 PM

Well I never  :o You would have thought that someone with my interest in history would have known that ? But I never, ever connected the two dates. It's now obvious why it was repeated the following week.

Thank you for hard wiring that into my brain  :thumbsup: