RAF dispay colours 2010

Started by thedarkmaster, January 30, 2010, 11:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

title says it all

Can't wait for that decal sheet  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

JJC

that is really reall really cool, i haven't even seen the actual aircraft but i  :wub: this scheme!
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mike Wren

it seems the RAF spends more time/money/effort on doing display schemes for Hawks these days then it ever spends on anything else...

it's nice though!  ;D

Mossie

I think it's a bit overdone & garish. :huh:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Quote from: Mike Wren on February 02, 2010, 07:48:14 AM
it seems the RAF spends more time/money/effort on doing display schemes for Hawks these days then it ever spends on anything else...

it's nice though!  ;D

Didn't you know, it's ALL about public relatins in this day and age!!! Oh, and I also think it's tacky and garish as well.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Quote from: Mossie on February 02, 2010, 08:22:12 AM

maybe. maybe.   But it will certainly catch the attention of the younger generations.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JJC

garish ? yes, over done? possibly, it will create an eyectaching display though!
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sideshowbob9

Would look just fine without the "rip".

Mossie

Quote from: Martin H on February 02, 2010, 12:59:25 PM
Quote from: Mossie on February 02, 2010, 08:22:12 AM

maybe. maybe.   But it will certainly catch the attention of the younger generations.

That's true & not a bad thing. :smiley:  It'd have suited my eyes when I was a youngster, the more colourful the better.  I guess as I get older my taste get a bit more conservative, give it a few years & I'll be going gooey over grey F-16's....  :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Looks better from the sides than top & bottom IMO.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May