Battle of Britain V2.0

Started by Weaver, January 31, 2010, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Not usually keen on flight sim video captures, but this one, recreating scenes from the Battle of Britain film, is excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5WTJYvqaI&feature=related
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Kerrillc

Weaver, I am in full agreement with you, very impressively done!

Cheers

Kerrill
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

PR19_Kit

Magnificent!  :cheers:

I got a copy of IL2 1946 the other day (in a charity shop!) but it won't install on my Win7 system. if it's THAT good I can't wait to get my WinXP system running again.

JMN moment though, the bombs drop from the He111s nose first, real ones dropped tail first and turned over on the way down. No idea why, ask Dr Ernst..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Oh, from the topic's title, I was fearing Britain was invaded again... (or what-if...) :huh: :wacko:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Weaver

Quote from: Tophe on January 31, 2010, 11:14:32 PM
Oh, from the topic's title, I was fearing Britain was invaded again... (or what-if...) :huh: :wacko:

If we were, you'd know about it before we did....... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Have to agree with everyone else. That was incredible!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die