A few kits / bits for sale as I turn my attention elsewhere.

Started by Bungle, February 02, 2010, 05:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Strange how our tastes change in modelling terms.....

For the past decade I had been mainly making Fleet Air Arm and Soviet kits, buying more than I ever made and buying as my whims led me. Then I came across What-If and for the past 18 months I have been attacking my stash with a frenzy of crazy ideas and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Then an old friend passed away... He wasn't a model maker and though I knew him for 25 years I never actually knew him if you get what I mean as his widow turned up at my door with a box "Pete wanted you to have these....". It seems my friend wasn't a model maker but a collector (hoarder?) for in the box where 17 Merlin Kits, 21 Pegasus Kits 8 Veedays a couple of RVHP resins and half a dozen vacuforms - all but one of World War One or post WW1 aircraft !

Amazed? yes I was. It seems my benefactor just bought them and never attempted to make any. To be honest 10 years ago nor would I - horrible little kits, soft plastic, make your own struts/undercarriage. Anyway at a loose end I decided to run up the Merlin Fokker E.V. DVII (it was a duplicate as were a few others) and bang ! I'm hooked...... I declare 2010 the year of the World War One kit for Bungle !!

So first off..... If anyone has any WW1 / 1920's / early 30's kits in 1/72nd they would like to part with plastic/resin injected/vacuform please let me know.

In the meantime as a source of raising funds I am offering up for sale the following (all 1/72)

Revell (4372)  Republic F84F Thunderstreak £3.50 Sold
Revell (4381) Saab J-35 Drakken £3.50
Revell ()  Mikoyan MiG 1.44 MFI £3.50 Sold
Italeri (189)  Lockheed Martin F-117A Nighthawk £3.00 Sold
Heller () MD Rafale A (Prototype) £3.00 Sold
Trumpeter () Ilyushin Il-28 Beagle  £3.50 Sold
Esci () Tupolev TU-22M Backfire £10.00 Sold
Airfix Dassault Mirage 111 & Dassault Super Etendard from the Falklands box set £7.00 Sold
Airfix (04035) Panavia Tornado F3  £4.00
Airfix () BAe Sea Harrier FRS.1 £3.50
Airfix (2080) BAe Lightning F3 £3.50 Sold
Heller Bell P-39Q Aircobra + A Russian clone (of the Frog kit?)  Not sure if both are complete £3.00 Sold
Novoski Hawker Sea Hawk £3.00
Hasegawa MiG-17 stripped off the sprue + Broplan Lim-6bis vacuform (Polish MiG)  £5.00

All of the above are in sealed bags (not necessarily the orginal) no boxes.

Fujimi (25025) Douglas TA-4J/F Skyhawk £6.00  Sold
HobbyBoss (87206) LTV A-7H Corsair II (Tigermeet) £7.50  Sold
Revell (H-225) Dassault Mirage 111 £6.00
Airfix (04040) BAe Harrier T-10 £6.00
Frog (F239) De Havilland Hornet Mk.3  £5.00 Sold
Frog (F187) De Havilland Mosquito Mk.IV/VI £6.00 Also in the box are the wings and undercart of a Meteor and the fuselage of an me410. A bit whiffie.
Revell (04617) Tornado ECR £6.00
Revell (4355)  Tornado IDS  £5.00
Revell (4331) Arado AR-240 A-02 £6.00  Sold

All of the above are boxed.

Vacuforms...
Airmodel (164) Martin AM-1 Mauler  £3.00  Sold
Airmodel (165) Grumman AF-2W/S Guardian  £3.00  Sold
Formaplane (16) Pilatus PC-6 Turbo-Porter  £7.50
Contrail () Supermarine Scimitar £6.00  Sold
Airmodel (270) McDonnel X-85 Goblin £3.00
TWR North American T-39 Sabreliner £4.00
Sutcliffe () Tupolev Tu-14 £5.00 Sold

Only the Pilatus is boxed.

Resin....
CMK Ryan FR-1 Fireball  £2.50
CMK North American FJ-1 Fury £2.50  Sold
CMK Sheyang F9 £2.50
CMK Dassault Super Entendard £2.50
CMK Bell P-63D  £2.50
Leoman Sukhoi Su-17 Fitter £8.00
Toad Junkers Ju-388 K-1 Conversion kit + the Italeri Ju-188 it needs as a donor £10.00

The above CMK are 'garage' kits - no decals, no instructions, no boxes just rudimentary resin. The others are boxed

Problem kits.....

Esci (9044) Lockheed (C)F-104 Starfighter 'Red Indian'
Matchbox (PK-34) Aeritalia G-91Y
Matchbox () Douglas A-4M Skyhawk.......   all three missing their canopies
 £4.00 the lot (only the G-91 is boxed)

Frog Fokker D21 (Missing Canopy) Matchbox Hawker Tempest (Missing Canopy, part painted) MPC Beagle Basset 206 (missing front undercart) Heller NA T-6G Texan (missing cockpit parts) £5.00 the lot and now Sold !

Wife
Old boxing, many loose parts. Needs attention and re-jigging, will scrub up well if given time and effort. Packaging creaks and some times becomes unstuck, ragged around the edges. Makes nagging sound when rattled. Warning : Incompatible with Twiglets.   Offers ?

Happy to sell overseas (I'm in the UK)- all postage 'at cost'. Swaps for WW1 subjects eagerly considered. PM me to reserve - first come first served though I'm open to bribes, extorsion and threats. Payment by paypal preferred but cheques and beer vouchers accepted.

Probably closing this after a week or two and then dumping the lot on ebay. Look out for edits as I may be adding more....
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Black Knight

As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.

Black Knight

just noticed you do :banghead: so i'll have the nighthawk and mig 1.44 and maybe the tu22 if postage isn't too high

Bungle

Quote from: Black Knight on February 02, 2010, 08:27:27 AM
just noticed you do :banghead: so i'll have the nighthawk and mig 1.44 and maybe the tu22 if postage isn't too high

I'll let you know what actual kit it is (the tu22 that is) but it is a big b*gger !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Black Knight

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle

Further to the above I have found a few more bit and pieces if anyone is interested

Imai  Captain Scarlet Spectrum Patrol Car - you know the flashy red car probably 1/24th scale  £5.00

Imai  Captain Scarlet Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle - the armadillo on wheels (!) again 1/24th scale The upper part had been trial fitted to the running gear (series of snap-it bits) not knowing this I managed in breaking the lugs getting it apart. Can still be glued rather than 'sanp-tite' fitted)  £4.00  Sold

Bristol Bloodhounds - at least two full kits - off sprue in a bag possibly more (I can see three land rovers) plus one completed in need of repair. £5.00  Swapped  ;D

Problem kits - Dornier Do-17Z by Monogram in 1/72nd no transparencies but strangely a Lindberg FW190 also in the box (possibly incomplete)  £2.50

and there's one other but I can't remember it now...... old airliner kit not Airfix..... should do this at home and not at work !

Back home now. The last kit is a Lindberg Convair 880  scale is 1/189th (!) Box is fairly ropey and it is missing on engine half. Price on the box is $0.24 so I'm profiteering. Yours for  £2 !

TsrJoe

hiyas id also be interested in your Captain Scarlet SPV and the Ju388 conversion, ill send an email to see if you stil have them avaliable

many thanks, cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Weaver

Hi Bungle

Just read your first post properly and realised I've got some WWI stuff to swap:

1. Airfix Bristol Fighter. Plastic bag with header card - opened. Missing: one u/c strut, radiator/cowling front and propellor. Decals yellowed.

2. Airfix Sopwith Camel. Blister pack - opened. All parts there as far as I can tell. No decals.

3. A quantity of white metal bits, some of which are clearly WWI. I can't identify them all properly, but here's a stab:

two plain ring engine cowlings
three rotary engine 3/4 cowlings with two holes in the front
three rotary (?) engine cowlings, dome-shaped with radial cooling slots
one SE5a-ish engine cowling
one 6 cyl inline engine
two half-drums with six stubs projecting: possibly an engine(s)?
six inline engine exhaust headers of the type where all six pipes go upwards then blend into one (German?)

four inline engine exhaust headers of the type where all six pipes join a common collector box which sweeps forwards then up and back (German?)

three tailfins: three oval, one squared off (similar to Bristol Fighter)
two matching tailplanes
seven bucket seats of various shapes
loads of two-bladed props of various sizes
loads of WWI wheels of the conical covered-spokes design: various sizes

Would you consider a straight swap of all these for your Bloodhound collection?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle

Hi Weaver,

Please extend hand so that I can bite it off !....... Your suggestion is enthusiasticly accepted. I'll PM you tomorrow as this is just a flying visit to the forum tonight.

Bungle

Nigel Bunker

Bungle

I have an Airfix Spad VII in the loft - unopened , only the flying hour removed.

Want to do a swap?

Nigel

PS - also a Hawker Demon by Airfix, but I guess that is a bit late for you.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Bungle

Nigel,

Sorry, my friend, did not see your post - I have just put most of it up on ebay. There are a few things that I have not put on, the bagged kits, the resins and the Spectrum Car. What was it you were after ?

Bungle

Bungle

Thank you all. Most of the kits are now available on ebay at a start price of £0.99 in groups twos, threes, fours and five kits per auction.