Goa'Lud Scarab

Started by JayBee, February 02, 2010, 07:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

This all started with a drinks swizzle stick that I got in my G&T at SMW 2009.

As I was looking at it I realised that it reminded me of the weapons that the Goa'Lud used in Stargate, and I started to wonder what to do with it.

Next came a Roden 1/72 scale JS-3 that I had bought to get the heavy machine-gun for another project.
OK here goes.

As you can see the topdecking was cut out, halved, and stuck back so that the turret ring was at the back, and the engine louvres, at the front.

The finished model is 1/144scale.
It was captured by Stargate team SG-9 3/4.
Here you see it being inspected by a Stargate Technical team.
Their comment - "Thank God this thing will not fit through a Stargate!"

They were wrong!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Love the Scarab Jim, but not enough Hieroglyphics for a Goa'uld vehicle I like the desingnation for your SG team, it didn't happen to be SG 10 with a team member missing did it?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

Very well done, JayBee! I like the new gun (truly inspired!) and the black scheme and hieroglyphs. This would have to be a serious contender on any Sci Fi table!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

tanktastic43

I like it a lot. Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

philp

Shiny.

Nice idea and great execution.  Course, with Wall E helping out...

I was just going to ask if you didn't need the machine gun when I read the rest, darn it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

chrisonord

Hya Jim
Which one of the system lords does it belong to?? :ph34r:
Very cool
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Nice one  :thumbsup: - had me thoroughly confused until I read it again and realised you'd swapped the turret ring and engine deck  :rolleyes: ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

anthonyp

Jaffa...  KREE!!!

Seriously sweet!  Never thought of a tank since they're usually either flying around in Death Gliders, or doing the easily killed infantry thing (at least in SG-1).

Have you posted this at Starship Modeler?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

JayBee

Quote from: chrisonord on February 02, 2010, 02:41:17 PM
Hya Jim
Which one of the system lords does it belong to?? :ph34r:
Very cool
Chris.

Read the hyroglyphics on the side to see who's it was.

Here's a clue, RA, RA, RA.

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

Quote from: anthonyp on February 02, 2010, 07:40:51 PM
Jaffa...  KREE!!!

Seriously sweet!  Never thought of a tank since they're usually either flying around in Death Gliders, or doing the easily killed infantry thing (at least in SG-1).

Have you posted this at Starship Modeler?

Hi Anthony,

I am not signed in with Starship Modeler, but if you are then feel free to post it there for me.

Thanks,

JimB

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

Quote from: lancer on February 02, 2010, 12:33:35 PM
Love the Scarab Jim, but not enough Hieroglyphics for a Goa'uld vehicle I like the desingnation for your SG team, it didn't happen to be SG 10 with a team member missing did it?

Hi Lance,

Just slipped in to Harry Potter mode there.

Jim

Cats are not real. 

nev

I believe the word for this is "awesome" :wub:  And Brian has already put it in the whiffie thread :thumbsup:

Where did you get the Hyrogliphs?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

JayBee

Quote from: nev on February 03, 2010, 12:21:57 PM

Searched the internet, copied and pasted, and printed my own transfers.
The printing was the difficult part, first time I just printed the hyroglyphs on clear film, when they were put on the black model they were almost invisible :banghead:
So I printed them on white film with a black background, and that worked in a manner of speaking.
The black background is not the same black as the model, as the model is painted in a pearlescent black ( Ford, Panther Black).
In the end it is all down to "the camera does not lie! :rolleyes:

JimB

Cats are not real. 

Weaver

Quote from: JayBee on February 03, 2010, 10:55:58 PM
Quote from: nev on February 03, 2010, 12:21:57 PM

Searched the internet, copied and pasted, and printed my own transfers.
The printing was the difficult part, first time I just printed the hyroglyphs on clear film, when they were put on the black model they were almost invisible :banghead:
So I printed them on white film with a black background, and that worked in a manner of speaking.
The black background is not the same black as the model, as the model is painted in a pearlescent black ( Ford, Panther Black).
In the end it is all down to "the camera does not lie! :rolleyes:

JimB

One way around that might be to make the black background bigger than the graphic and shaped to fit a panel or surface. That way, it looks like a panel line and paint variation on the hull, rather than a "giveaway" border around a graphic.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones