Gloster Javelin PR.10 FINISHED!!

Started by TallEng, February 03, 2010, 06:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Very cool indeed.

For them what's interested, the Gloster P.348 PR proposal 3-view is in my old Glut O'Glosters thread:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,16717.msg235586.html#msg235586
Pic GLOSTER_PXXX_009.png

Jon

sideshowbob9

TallEng

Update Time! :cheers:
So nose sanded and filed and filled to fit!

Note use of xtracolour gloss paint to show up bits that need redoing
also made more obvious by the Cruelty that is digital photography :lol:

Also fairly obvious are the enlarged ventral tanks- bigger than Sabrina's me thinks,
If the PR.10 were still around today they'd probably be called Katie's... or Jordan's  :wacko:

Easier to see just how "well endowed" the PR.10 would have been :wub:

Views showing removal of lumps and bumps and an attempt to make the wing shape more Javelinesque
and less Prowler

Still unsure about Tailplane; some Aircraft with extended wings, seem to leave the tail group alone-
Canberra PR.9, RB.57 etc while others see fit to add extensions to the tail feathers- RB.57 again
I dunno :rolleyes:

Thinks.... If I paint it yellow would it look a bit like Thunderbird 4? :party:
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Now that's looking REALLY good!   :cheers: :thumbsup:

That recce nose and the extended wings really do look the business.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ed S

Looks like you are doing a masterful job blending the different kit parts together.  This is coming along nicely.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Dork the kit slayer

Looking good......I see great possibilities here :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Cobra

Very Cool :mellow: tell me whay i picture the Klaxxon sounding and someone yells over the PA,"Scramble,Scramble"?????? Great Work so far. Does this Aircraft give you the Feeling it could have been in the TV Series 'Thunderbirds'???? KEep up the Great Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: Dan

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

TallEng

Update time :thumbsup:
Warning contains scenes that may cause upset and discomfort!!! (pictures can contain the sight of an empty Beer glass!) :angry:
First up Big drop tanks fitted, also showing at the rear, the fairing for the "Orange Putter" tail warning radar

Underside view showing Drop tanks and Ventral tanks, and two extra camera ports added just in front of the Nose U/C Bay

Slightly clearer view of drop tanks

Rear view of Radar warning fairing

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Inspired thinking!   :lol: :cheers:

That RF-84F nose is so useful, I've got one being grafted onto the front of something else at the moment too......  -_-
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

TallEng

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2010, 07:45:54 AM

That RF-84F nose is so useful, I've got one being grafted onto the front of something else at the moment too......  -_-

Sea Vixen perhaps?
Supposing the RN got all the Phantoms it wanted and the Carriers to go with them, (With proper Carrier names!!) might their Seaships  have wanted a dedicated photo-recce asset for pre and post strike Recce?, and if so DH could have come up with a upgraded PR Sea Vixen?
I've got another Thunderflash nose and an Xtra kit Sea Vixen :wacko:

TallEng

Puzzle time :unsure:
The original idea was to Camouflage the PR.10 in PRU Blue with Medium Sea Grey/Light Slate Grey upper surfaces, unfortunately I've got very little Med. Sea Grey and NO Light Slate Grey......
So I was thinking.... ;D
What if the PR.10 (or some of them) had a "special" Camouflage Scheme for certain Tasks?

Its Low Level PR Mauve...
Could have been used on missions that required entering/leaving enemy territory in the Dawn or Dusk?
It would have of course been compromised by the usual early to late `60`s "D" type roundels and white/Black serial Numbers :rolleyes:
What do you think?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on February 17, 2010, 04:11:49 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2010, 07:45:54 AM

Sea Vixen perhaps?

Are you some kind of mind-reader???   :unsure: :banghead:

That's EXACTLY what it is too, the RF-84F nose is an almost exact fit on a Sea Vixen, but mine is the older Frog one, with a few other changes of course.......  -_-

Regards
Kit