Gloster Javelin PR.10 FINISHED!!

Started by TallEng, February 03, 2010, 06:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

QuoteIts Low Level PR Mauve...

You - to the corner now!  Think about what you have done!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

van883

TallEng

Alas the PR Purple Peril is no more!
I just could not 'see' the Javelin in PR Mauve (I'll save that colour for another time)

I'm afraid its just plain old PR Blue.

It just requires Markings and final paint touch ups and a spot of Varnish.
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ed S

Simple, clean and very believable.  Well done.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

What a beauty!  :wub: It looks good from every angle!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

thedarkmaster

FANTASTIC........love it mate, top class  :wub:  :wub:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

As everyone else has said, pure class on wings, very VERY well done.

Looking forward to the decaled and finished job very much.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

pyro-manic

Very nice indeed - an elegant shape, and well done. Eagerly awaiting the finished machine. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

TallEng

Once again we are privileged to delve into the station photographer's files at RAF Hiding-in-The-Hedges,
The date; sometime in 1957, the Aircraft: The C.O.'s Javelin PR.10, XJ172 "M" of 82 Sqn (based at RAF Wyton)
caught here on a sunny day on the visiting aircraft pan at Hiding-in-The-Hedges :rolleyes:

Seen here with the normal operational fit of two 500 Gallon ventral tanks and two 475 Gallon wing tanks,
plus the appropriate Box Brownies and Kodak Instamatic's as required ;D

The Badge on the fin is supposed to represent 82's `weathercock imposed over the sun'

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Caveman

Wow :)

Very pretty.

Is Hiding-in-the-Hedges near Hinton-in-the-Hedges? :P
secretprojects forum migrant

Mossie

She's a beauty. :wub: I think the longer nose gives the Javelin a much more pleasant look, the original wasn't called the Flying Flat Iron for nothing!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!