Motor Torpedo Boats

Started by Radish, February 09, 2010, 01:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

I bought the Revell 1/72nd Vosper RN MTB at Milton Keynes on Sunday.

With a lot of work (not least correcting the hull), it could be turned into an accurate Vosper-designed MTB
But NOT a RN one, as this design was built in the US, and was supplied to various navies including the USN and Soviet. So the kit is already a Whatif? :thumbsup:

But I shall, of course, update further, possibly with a jet engine, possibly on skis or as a hydrofoil.

It could be in the markings/configuration of :

:wacko:German Nazi Planet Aegir, to accompany the ski-Bismark.
:huh:a "Rebel" MTB from the same planet, but obviously missiles rather than torpedoes!!
:lol:Pirate MTB
:banghead:Orkenmarine MTB

Don't know yet,but there's quite a few small military boat kits out there to play with!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Radish on February 09, 2010, 01:10:51 AM
Don't know yet,but there's quite a few small military boat kits out there to play with!!

Italeri do a kit of that WWII Italian exploding MTB, where the captain had to jettison himself over the transom before the boat ran into its target!!!

I bought one with the idea of adding R/C to it etc. but even at 1/35 scale it's positively minute.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

I would have thought a Ski-E-boat would be better to accompany the Ski BisMark, although you could always add to the confusing by "Germanizing" ("Germinating?") the Vosper with a rounded bridge with built-in ski-torpedo lanuchers, etc...

Actually, there's an even better reason for doing it: if you contract Ski-E-Boat and translate it to German, it comes out as "SkE-Boot"...... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Sounds like it comes from the Newcastle, Tyneside area....everying with a vowel sounds like "EE".....unless it's "AYE"....which sounds like "EYE"..

as in "Hurriceen", "Spitfeye", "Tirpitzeye", "Bismarckeye"....or, "Hurriceeneye".

OGL apparantly is fluent in Geordie...or Geordeeeee. Aye.
;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on February 09, 2010, 06:10:38 AM
Sounds like it comes from the Newcastle, Tyneside area....everying with a vowel sounds like "EE".....unless it's "AYE"....which sounds like "EYE"..

as in "Hurriceen", "Spitfeye", "Tirpitzeye", "Bismarckeye"....or, "Hurriceeneye".

OGL apparantly is fluent in Geordie...or Geordeeeee. Aye.
;D

Is he ? I know I am or at least I can translate it into English  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.