Allan-the venerable Revell 109 G in 1/32 scale---wood varnish and tail gunner

Started by Allan, February 11, 2010, 06:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: cthulhu77 on June 16, 2010, 08:14:36 AM
sweet mother of pearl !!!  Those are the best wooden blades I have ever seen. Hands down.   :cheers:

Agreed  :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Allan

Thanks, mate, and here are the tailplanes with tape removed--not exactly outstanding but they will do

I'll mist on another coat or two of WEM RLM 76 (great paint!) on the other sides just to smooth things out.

Allan

GTX

Looks like you're being watched with your work there ;D.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Allan

Here's the oil paint drying in the cupboard to prevent dust settling on the surface.
I think I did a better job on the detachable cowling than the fuselage, but that's modelling.
The people in the shop said give it a few days to dry now that it's winter here, but I tend to think that a full week would be better.
Matt coat to be applied after the decals and some weathering with Tamiya smoke.
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

i've missed this one up to now, allan, but it does look very good.  :thumbsup:

sure to upset the JMZ's.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

Brian da Basher

I've never seen better woodgraining, Allan and I used to be a regular over at the aerodrome.com, home of some amazing W.W. I modelers. I really like those shots of the fuselage which really help me see your technique in action.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Allan

Thank you for your kind comments.
Here's the undercarriage with some tape on prior to applying silver.
I've put some future on in an attempt to prevent silver paint bleed. Hope it works.
Allan

Allan

Allan

Tape off, but before that one coat of Tamiya Clear Yellow mixed with the OZ version of Future. As you can see, some of this mixture has seeped under the tape. What I should have done is remove the tape and apply it anew, but them's the breaks with this hobby. Some deft masking and airbrush work (any tips?) is still needed once everything is thoroughly dry, but on the whole I'm happy with my progress, especially the leather around the rim of the rear cockpit and the yellow wing tips.
Allan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

Just caught up on this thread looks great! The wood effect especially on the prop is superb.