K

RA-5C VIGILANTE - Czechoslovak Air Force - operation DESERT STORM

Started by karlik, February 17, 2010, 02:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlik

my new what if project, RA-5C from 6th Recon Wing /homebase Karlovy Vary/, Operation Desert Storm, Thumrait AFB
add more photos later, Revell kit 1/72, color Agama email british desert pink

Next whatif project is An-12 RTR - ELINT version  :blink:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That looks stunning, super work.

But a REVELL Vigi? I didn't even know they did one, is it ex-Hasegawa or new mould or...? I only knew of the Hasegawa/Frog or Airfix Vigis in 1/72.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Looks like the planes from Karlovy Vary look as good as their hockey team ! Very nice....love the paint and the weapons.

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Czech Viggie? Excellent!  :thumbsup: The backstory sounds cool as well.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2010, 07:41:51 AM
<...> But a REVELL Vigi? I didn't even know they did one, is it ex-Hasegawa or new mould or...? I only knew of the Hasegawa/Frog or Airfix Vigis in 1/72.

Apparently, the Revell kit is a Korean pirated knock-off of the the Hasegawa kit, but with recessed panel lines. Build reviews on the interwebs don't paint it in a good light, saying this kit fights you all the way.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

I seem to remember a Revell (possibly?) box-scale kit from ages ago......

Anyway, nice model Karlic!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

lancer

Now that is a thing of real beauty. Absolutely love the sharks mouth on the nose! Superb work.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

Probably an ancient mid to late 80's 1/72 RA-5C.  I've got two in the stash.

Nice execution!  I've got a couple similar builds in mind.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

karlik

PR19_Kit

Karlik,

Thanks for the picce, I can say I've never seen that kit before! Did Revell sell it in the UK?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

karlik

If Revell is sold in the UK do not know, but the kit is bad, Trumpeter is better
the Revell kit has a lot of Depression and parts of the fuselage not go very well together  :banghead:

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2010, 10:35:45 AM
I seem to remember a Revell (possibly?) box-scale kit from ages ago......

Anyway, nice model Karlic!  :thumbsup:

This is the one I remembered. 1/82nd scale apparently, though on the plus side, it is a proper A-5A rather than a humpty-backed RA-5C.... ;)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's the one I remember, in the good old 'Fit the Box' scale!

It's odd that with so many RA-5C kits about that no-one has done a conversion kit to make an A-5A from them.

Regards
Kit