K

RA-5C VIGILANTE - Czechoslovak Air Force - operation DESERT STORM

Started by karlik, February 17, 2010, 02:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

Quote from: Weaver on February 18, 2010, 04:51:23 AM
This is the one I remembered. 1/82nd scale apparently, though on the plus side, it is a proper A-5A rather than a humpty-backed RA-5C.... ;)

I've got the older boxed version on the bench.  It's a goofy kit, but nicer than the Revell thing (got the same box art, but with a blue border).

Modifying (all of) mine along the lines of Sentinel Chicken's 1/144 version.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

noxioux

Beautiful build, man. :wub:  That thing is really sexy in desert garb.

A little voice in the back of my head is asking, "Where are the LGB's?"  A pair of Russian KAB's would look pretty cool, and raise some eyebrows. . .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Overkiller on February 19, 2010, 10:29:59 PM
There is an article in Fine Scale Modeller detailing how to go about turning the Hasegawa 1/72 RA-5C into an A-5A, it is not that big a job, mostly cutting off the avionics/fuel hump, and filling in with putty and sheet plasticard then PSR'd to taste.....

They even helpfully include scale templates for the sheet styrene replacement parts  :thumbsup:

For most folks on this site it should be a cinch.

That's handy to know Duncan, thanks. Was that a recent issue?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Overkiller on February 20, 2010, 05:29:34 AM
...depends on your definition of "recent".... it was early 1990's, not sure exactly when  :banghead:

I have the relevant issue Kit, I can dig it out and see about getting the article scanned for you if you want it.

Duncan,

Yes please, I've always had a yen to do something with an A-5A and I have a couple of kits in The Loft to work with too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

ujik

to KarlĂ­k: Very nice. :thumbsup: Just would like more photos. After all, there I'll finish my first.

PR19_Kit

That sharksmouth piccie looks positively EVIL!  :thumbsup:

It so suits the Vigi, I'm amazed the USN never did it.

Regards
Kit

tigercat2

The Viggie is one of my all-time favorites; you have done a superb job!!

Wes W.

lancer

I agree Kit, that has to be one of the meanest looking sharks mouths' I've ever seen. The eyes also have a scary as hell look about them too..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die