Blohm & Voss

Started by PR19_Kit, February 17, 2010, 08:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I'd have thought there'd be a HUGE topic on this bunch of WWII Luftwaffe nutters but apparently not, so I better start one...  ;D

Thanks to the good offices of the 'Grumpy Old Modeller', Mr Mike McEvoy himself, I'm now the owner of a Unicraft B&V Zerstorer kit, 15th model down in the 1/72 scale section on Unicraft's page here http://www.unicraft.biz/uniavail.htm

Igor doesn't seem to know the B&M Projekt No. for it, mentioning that it may be the P89 or P166 perhaps, but does anyone here know anything about it, or have some links for info?

If not I'll just build it OOB as it's about as Whiiffie as it's possible to get!

Tophe will LOVE it!  -_-

In passing, if you're ever short of inspiration, a quick pass down that page on the Unicraft site will solve all such problems!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I have a BV138 in the stash, as I have a thing for flying boats, this when I get round to building it will be turbo propped and have retractable landing gear fitted so it can be amphibious.It may even get some bright colours on it and become an air sea rescue bird.
I have been trying to get hold of a BV222 Viking in 1/72nd scale also, the revell one but they are a bit thin on the ground.
Chris,
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

My Supermodel BV138 is earmarked to become a post-apocalyptic run-around for a gang of drifters. A folding door at the back with a little jeep-type vehicle inside, suitably patched-up and battered appearance, etc. Think Porco Rosso meets Mad Max. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

I've got that one Kit and I think RS do two other versions of it. Not sure if it ever got a "proper" design number, can't find it with a quick flick through my references.

As for B&V they are one of my favourite desingers from the period - just love their stuff and have quite a bit in the stash.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TsrJoe

the reference i have for the asymmetric design mentioned, came from a US. magazine article which cited it as a Swedish design? the original drawing with Swedish roundels appeared in a Swedish SIG. special 'what if' newsletter, ill try dig it out from the files and scan it in

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Swedish?

My brain hurts, that really WOULD be different. Looking forward to seeing the results of your search Joe.

Chris, have you built yours yet, and if so how did it go? I've never done a Unicraft kit before, but it looks pretty good in the bag thingie.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 18, 2010, 04:31:21 PM
Chris, have you built yours yet, and if so how did it go? I've never done a Unicraft kit before, but it looks pretty good in the bag thingie.

No I havn't. I really do have to be in the mood to work on Unicraft kits, currently working on the Miles M22.

Unfortunately the quality of the resin leaves a bit to be desied to put it mildly, the up side is that it works easily.

The only advice I can offer is treat it as a long time project, do a small bit at a time, keep the miliput handy, keep the spares box handy,walk away for a break when it gets to you and resist the temptation to bin it. Yes they can be like that but will repay the effort. Igor provides you with the basis for what can be a real showstopper.

In short it's a modellers model.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.