Main Menu

Phantoms !

Started by Captain Canada, March 27, 2004, 10:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteI've come too far with all these F-4Js to do a Spey powered job.:
Not even second hand ex RAF ones?  We did try and flog ours to all and sundry when they left service - a deal with Greece was nearly made.  Why not Canada to boost their numbers?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

If the RCN can afford big carriers, go with the F-4J or F-4S.
If only tiny carriers, the F-4K was the one. The idea was also there for the USN to use the Spey-powered F-4T from their smaller F-8 Crusader-compatable carriers.
Go for the SPEY ones.
The Revell FGR2 is from Hasegawa FAR superior to the Italeri one. But, donkey you've shown, the Italeri one still looks nice and has stores galore!!!
:party:  :party:
Hasegawa have just released 2 1/48th RF birds....RF-4C and RF-4E.
Also Testors did an RF-4 too a few years ago.
OR....convert an "E" to an-Israeli-type F-4X with special cameras?
OR.....do what the RAF did.....have a big pod under the centre!!
:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:
HAPPY 'TOOMS!!!!!!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Part of my scenario is going to be Canada switching from larger carriers ( using Buccaneer attackers and F-4 AWF/A ) to smaller carriers with SHARs ( sound the death knell *here* ) So that's why I'm sticking with J's.

And as for RFs vs. podded recce birds...I wnt to do one with the VICON camera pod that the CAF used on 104s, and then we take on RFs when the Yanks retire them from Europe.

Thanks for the input, boys...always appreciated ! :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

WeeJimmy

Toad, Attackers are now under production  :D  

Captain Canada

Lookin' good jimmy !

Now...where's that duck that laid the goldenhawk...........? :wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Ooh, I almost missed the Bucc in the foreground.  What scale are we talking?  Airfix 48th?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ogwash

QuoteOoh, I almost missed the Bucc in the foreground. What scale are we talking? Airfix 48th?

Hi Nev

That would be the 1/72 as wee Jimmy said he got the Gulf War double set with the Jaguar that we have already seen.

B)  

WeeJimmy

That's correct.  It's 1:72.   Currently trying to decal this out in RCN markings.  Have a few ideas.  Hope to paint intake edges silver as well as leading edges.  Thinking of black radome/nose.  Arming it up is a dilemma.  Need to work out time frame it goes into RCN service and select appropriate package.

ysi_maniac

can we have more pics of that wonderful CAF Phantom?
Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

I'll have to dig them out......another one of my long standing, never gonna-be finished projects !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?