The Day the Reich Stood still!

Started by matrixone, February 21, 2010, 03:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here are some photographs of an event that took place late in late summer in 1944 at an airfield somewhere in southern Germany.

The ground crew spots an unknown aircraft type in the air slowly moving towards the airfield...

The camera man moved inside the hanger and took this photograph of the disc shaped craft as it started to land...

Some Army troops arrived to keep watch on this thing...no shots were fired.

After someone tried to get near the disc it took off and sped away faster than anything seen before, this photograph was taken just after the aircraft retracted its landing gear legs.

This is the only other known photograph of this unknown aircraft...notice its in color, this photograph must have been taken at a different time than the B/W photographs.

Matrixone

chrisonord

That is cool and I want one of those  :wacko: I am still looking for a suitable UFO to use s part of my SHADO builds.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

matrixone

Thanks Chris!

My UFO model was built from a kit I had seen in a Walthers catalog, the kit was VERY expensive for what you actually get....not one of my better purchases. Some of the model RR stuff can be overpriced.

Matrixone

ChernayaAkula

Cue Outer Limits opening narration:
"Die Deutsche Wochenschau informiert: Ihr Fernsehgerät ist vollkommen in Ordnung. Versuchen Sie nicht, das Bild zu verstellen. <...> Sie sind kurz davor, Ehrfurcht und Mysterien zu erleben. Ehrfurcht und Mysterien, die sich erstrecken vom Innersten des Geistes bis zu den.... Äusseren Grenzen!"

;D

It's the first two sentences and the last one translated.

Fantastic build and photography! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Excellent model and photography - nice one!  :thumbsup: :wub:

So this begs the question, was it aliens or a secret Nazi UFO that got the wrong airfield?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

This is my favorite of all your Luft Photoshop wonders yet, Matrixone! The shot that looks like it was taken from inside the hangar is a real keeper!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

This has got to be one of your best yet Matrix! Superb photography too.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Joe C-P

I bet this ends up on some UFO website as proof of Nazi flying saucers!

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

matrixone

Thanks guys!

Weaver,
It is unknown if this was an Alien craft or a test vehicle from Dr. Mieth or Dr. Schriever.
New photographs may appear someday... :rolleyes:

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Thanks Taiidantomcat!

If you like this one you will dig my ''secret bomber'' that I am working on...you will see it near April 1st of this year.

Matrixone

Doc Yo

Its definately not a Schauberger...

Fine build and splendid photos, Matrix.

matrixone

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Too Bad No one has Posted a Poster for the Title, if you catch ny Drift? :lol: Keep up the Great Work & Hope to see more from you soon. :cheers: Dan