Breguet Vouivre: A Wyvern but not a Wyvern

Started by van883, February 22, 2010, 01:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

The Breguet Vouivre which was a licence built development of the hugely successful Westland Wyvern.
The Wyvern had proved itself in the Korean War , Suez and had beaten off competition from the Skyraider and Skyshark for international sales. It was known for its light, docile and easy handling. It was particularly respected for its precise and accurate throttle response and deck handling characteristics as well as exceptional range and load carrying capability. It was loved by all who flew it.
This French aircraft is shown late in its career having served in Algeria and Chad.

Built from a Frog Wyvern and a Magna T3 conversion.

Captain Canada

Very nice...love the metal paint and weathering. The story was pretty funny as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Excellent. Really like that  :thumbsup:.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitbasher

Good looker, sir, well done.  And in my Whifworld your backstory is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth 'cos I love Wyverns despite their cussed nature.  There's a Wyvern whif on my 'to do' list, too!   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sideshowbob9

Beautiful model! Always had a soft spot for the Wyvern. Nice to see a T.3 too!

lancer

Brilliant job Van, especially like the all metal finish. It somehow suits it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

sequoiaranger

I presume you mean once they stepped down out of the cockpit! Must have been a lot of Chapstick on the tarmac!

Nice job on the model, though!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

van883

Quote from: sequoiaranger on February 23, 2010, 07:56:52 AM
I presume you mean once they stepped down out of the cockpit! Must have been a lot of Chapstick on the tarmac!

Nice job on the model, though!

Thanks-although I don't understand what you mean by the chapstick reference..must be a US cultural reference I don't get.

van

pyro-manic

Kissing the ground because you're so glad to be back on it safely?

Nice build!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

van883

I get it now! However we all know how easy the Wyvern was to fly in the same way we all know that the Skyraider was horribly unreliable and had such a fragile airframe... :wacko:

Doc Yo

I feel a faint sense of unease...next you'll be telling me the Firebrand wasn't the most manueverable
carrier-based attack aircraft ever built...

Its always great to see a Wyvern built-I never knew there was a two seat version.

Keep an eye out for my floatplane Wyvern sometime in the Spring.

van883

Quote from: Doc Yo on February 24, 2010, 09:37:32 AM
I feel a faint sense of unease...next you'll be telling me the Firebrand wasn't the most manueverable
carrier-based attack aircraft ever built...

Its always great to see a Wyvern built-I never knew there was a two seat version.

Keep an eye out for my floatplane Wyvern sometime in the Spring.
There was only one two seater built (in the real world...)...I look forward to seeing the floatplane!

Van

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Ed S

Nicely done.  It looks good in bare metal. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.