Darwin Defender With A Difference

Started by oz rb fan, February 24, 2010, 05:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz rb fan

this is my first post here and also my first what if

it's a westland whirlwind from 457 sqn raaf based in Darwin.
England would give up precious sptifires for Australia so they sent two squadrons of whirlwinds to defend the northern parts of australia these were used with some success,though it was a close called thing.
thanks for looking
paul

The Rat

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I LOVE a guy who knows how to make an introduction! Excellent idea and presentation!  :thumbsup: :cheers: :party:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Superb model of one of my favourite aircraft. :thumbsup: :wub:  Which kit is it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

oz rb fan

thanks guys
it's the series 2 airfix kit,the marking are from a set of spitfire decals i had lying around.
i'm now hanging for the new special hobbies whirlwind ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Wellcome! ;D Nice model and unusual colours for such a plane :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

There's nothing wrong with a Whirlwind that a couple of Merlins wouldn't have corrected. That and a set of RAAF roundels of course.  ;D

That looks just SO right in that scheme, and I bet those 4 x 20 mm made short work of any Zero that was silly enough to get close.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sequoiaranger

I love those pugnacious Whirlwinds.

I made a "whif" Grumman F5F/G-50 with the same kind of look. Will be doing a "twin-engined Zero" one of these days, too. Welcome to the asylum.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

kitnut617

One of my fav's too, and a really good idea for it to boot  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

Quote from: oz rb fan on February 24, 2010, 06:36:49 AM

Of which I have 2 and very nice they arwe too.

Hell of any entrance  mate, and the Whirlwind and that cammo scheme seem destined for each other.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Place it between a couple of real world builds and no one would notice!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on February 24, 2010, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: oz rb fan on February 24, 2010, 06:36:49 AM

Of which I have 2 and very nice they arwe too.

Didn't think they were out yet Lance ?

oz rb fan

thanks guy's
i'm also puzzled i didnt think the s.h whirlies were out yet,i need lots for the idea's i have  :wacko:

tc2324

Not bad at all for a first post and introduction.

Welcome and good job.. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!