Darwin Defender With A Difference

Started by oz rb fan, February 24, 2010, 05:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 25, 2010, 01:53:43 AM
Quote from: lancer on February 24, 2010, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: oz rb fan on February 24, 2010, 06:36:49 AM
i'm now hanging for the new special hobbies whirlwind ;D

Of which I have 2 and very nice they arwe too.

Didn't think they were out yet Lance ?

Wel, they're from that stable anyway, perhaps MPM. I'm moving the stash to it's new location over the weekend I'll dig it out and have a look.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Do you mean the Pavla kit Lance ? Nice detail but a very fiddly kit  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Very nice - and the idea of 2 engines make a lot of sense with all that water and jungle around.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

GTX

Paul,

Glad you decided to join us.

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

oz rb fan

thanks for inviting me gtx ;D
and theyre out!!!!!
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SH72197
i just ordered two from my local supplier  :party: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Tophe

Quote from: oz rb fan on February 26, 2010, 03:16:16 PM
i just ordered two from my local supplier  :party: :cheers: :thumbsup:
two more ordered Whirlwinds...? ;D Let me dream you will built a 4-engined Twin-Whirlwind... So what-if, so good... :mellow: :lol: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2010, 02:19:16 AM
Quote from: oz rb fan on February 26, 2010, 03:16:16 PM
and theyre out!!!!!
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SH72197

At nearly SEVENTEEN pounds? Gulp!  :unsure:

At that price they need to be nearly 3 times as good as the venerable Airfix kit, which I think iss rather nice.  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

lancer

Quote from: kitbasher on February 27, 2010, 02:32:02 AM
[At that price they need to be nearly 3 times as good as the venerable Airfix kit, which I think iss rather nice.  ;D ;D

I agree with you, the Airfix kit is a lovely little kit.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

oz rb fan

your not wrong(although i have two on order  :dalek:) so anyone that has spare airfix ones pm me :drink: :cheers: :tank:

Captain Canada

Beauty ! That's always been one of my favourite paint schemes....

I have to agree about the Airfix Whirlwind. That new one doesn't look all that much better for alot more cash.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2010, 10:38:48 AMThere's nothing wrong with a Whirlwind that a couple of Merlins wouldn't have corrected.

And I'm certain somebody whiffed one like that. If not, somebody should.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

GTX

Some Whirlwind whiff material here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 26, 2010, 09:24:20 AM
Do you mean the Pavla kit Lance ? Nice detail but a very fiddly kit  :banghead:

Yep, It's the Pavla kit..apologies for the confusion