Alt. Luftwaffe GB Rules

Started by Brian da Basher, March 01, 2010, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

I'd love to join this one but I've got to be realistic: there's no way I can complete what I want to do for this GB by May first.
Still, I will be cheering you all on from the sidelines!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

proditor

I'm feeling slighty insane here, so before I jump in, how liberal is the naval equivalent "Imperial German Air Service" to be taken?

Like say...flying battleships?  Or is that too far afield?

jcf

Quote from: proditor on April 02, 2010, 06:39:23 AM
I'm feeling slighty insane here, so before I jump in, how liberal is the naval equivalent "Imperial German Air Service" to be taken?

Like say...flying battleships?  Or is that too far afield?

Wikipedia has a good page on the WWI German Army air forces:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftstreitkr%C3%A4fte
German Army Zeppelins were part of this force.

The Seeluftschiffe of the German Navy Air Service were a separate force.

Prior to World War I there was also the Prussian Airship Battalion using non-rigid airships.

So based on that one could have flying 'battleships' for any of those forces and still fall under a catch-all Alt. Luftwaffe category.
:cheers:

beowulf

i had no intention of joining this GB but ive just had a bright idea which fits into my ATL project so am going to try and get it done...got 14 days....easy peasy.....i hope.....  :thumbsup:

*speeds up work on Ferrari 575 for a group build elsewhere............stops work on the Nissan Skyline.............puts the MiG whiff on hold.....dare not open the Tirpitz box...........too many kits, not enough time!*..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

As far as I can see, there's been no mention of a prize for this GB. Since I'm not participating and since I've done well in a few GBs now, I'd be happy to provide one to the tune of £25, if someone can advise me how to go about it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

Quote from: Weaver on May 15, 2010, 04:16:23 AM
As far as I can see, there's been no mention of a prize for this GB. Since I'm not participating and since I've done well in a few GBs now, I'd be happy to provide one to the tune of £25, if someone can advise me how to go about it.

I recommend you drop Jon a PM.  I have already done so with the offer of a prize,

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!